The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

Man, I got word-filtered.


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
I assume I've lurked around here long enough, so I'll make my intent known to take it the next step. Looking forward to the journey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline
Kere
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm
Posts: 4477
Location: New Hampshire
Personal Statement: 2 seconds?!?!?!?
Excellent. Fresh blood. Good luck!

_________________
Happiness is a warm pun.
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Washington, DC
Hmmmm . . . maybe we eventually could task you with saving/restoring a classic tiki bar--I dunno.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:53 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Grantham, NH
Aloha! Tell us more about yourself, your favorite tiki outings, and a good cocktail recipe!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:04 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 am
Posts: 948
Location: Beyond The Sun
Personal Statement: Liiiighten up, Francis...
Aloha and Welcome - cop a squat and tell us about you...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
Here's me in the flesh talking to a cable access channel last week at the Bahi Hut:

https://www.facebook.com/12958963081623 ... =2&theater


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 174
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
ROBOTIKI wrote:
I assume I've lurked around here long enough, so I'll make my intent known to take it the next step. Looking forward to the journey.


Congratulations on starting the journey. I hope to be right behind you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD
ImageImageImageImageImage Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Washington, DC
Great segment! :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am
Posts: 27
Location: Tampa, FL
Welcome!

I really need to get over to the Bahi Hut. Maybe I'll do that along with the Ringling Museum one of these stormy weekends.

_________________
-Matty Rum Buckets-
Denizen of the Island of Tampa, distinguished ruffian, drinker of Mai Tai made by others.

"There is nothing that rum and sarcasm cannot fix" - Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
thekazz wrote:
Aloha! Tell us more about yourself, your favorite tiki outings, and a good cocktail recipe!


Being the goodwill ambassador to the Bahi Hut I have to say publicly their mai tai is my favorite cocktail consisting of off-brand gold and off-brand white rums, both poured for 3 seconds, a splash of their secret red stuff (I know what it is finally but I am sworn to carry it to the grave), and a healthy topping of 151. This topped with a plastic sword skewering a cherry and a cube o' pineapple. After a couple minutes marinating in the 151, the aforementioned token fruit is like jello shots. They have been likened to kerosene or paint thinner. I lean toward the former, but they are pure rocket fuel, liquid roofies, as it were, and account for a huge chunk of the revenue there.

Off the record, We made Zombies following BB Berry's exact recipe in Sippin Safari for a birthday celebration and I think that is my new favorite drink.

At least once a month I go on a tiki quest of junk shops. I never come home empty handed. I have a circuit of out-of-the-way places I frequent that seem to be overlooked by collectors and pickers. Picked up a Witco Shield recently and it now hangs in the Bahi Hut.

The Hukilau is 4 hours away for me and I've done that a bunch, folks from 2010 will remember my room crawl room with Robby the Robot in attendance. Shag seemed fairly impressed and we won the decoration award (of course). I think we should have won the drink award too. Being a space theme, we made a drink called the Astro Tango, which featured Tang, the stuff astronauts drink, with a mix of bitters, lemon & lime to add the right amount of tartness, using the sponsor rum from Seven Tiki rum.

Folks that know my other hobbies know the robo portion of my robotiki TC handle comes from a room of robots. Big ones. As in life sized, as well as hundreds of tin ones. But that's another story........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am
Posts: 216
Aloha and welcome! :)
You're lucky to be close (closer than me, anyway!) to the Mai Kai...it's my favorite spot on earth :)

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
Matato'a
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 3653
Location: Metro Atlanta- Proud home of the Tongariki Chapter.
Personal Statement: I drank what?
Best of luck with your trials~

_________________
That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Feeling weird is how you know you’re still here."-Halt and Catch Fire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Personal Statement: Just call me Surly
Good luck to you, sir!

_________________
Image

FOM MC

Rako Motu Nui

ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
Well I have a sponsor in the form of Bohemiann. So whenever he is not circumventing the globe for photo adventures, I will be looking to him to guide me along the path. Meantime I'll be welcoming some Gumbo Limbo folks at the Bahi Hut this weekend.


Last edited by ROBOTIKI on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
Matato'a
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:52 pm
Posts: 8474
Location: Right behind you.
Personal Statement: WTFIBB
Woohoo!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A toast to Roger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 am
Posts: 2097
Location: Franklin, TN
Personal Statement: Drink, Drank, Drunk
GOOD LUCK GOOD SIR!!!

The goats nibbling tickels (at first at least)....so...ya know..brace yourself!

Just keep telling yourself..this will be over soon....this will be over soon. I find that the concentating part helps increase your survival rate!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
BlondDi wrote:
GOOD LUCK GOOD SIR!!!

The goats nibbling tickels (at first at least)....so...ya know..brace yourself!

Just keep telling yourself..this will be over soon....this will be over soon. I find that the concentating part helps increase your survival rate!



https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 2183616714


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
Avai Rona
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 4974
Location: Depends on what day it is.
Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Good luck.

FYI, the Goat never tickles. At least not guys.

_________________
Procrastination means you are free today and always have a project for tomorrow.
To Taua Na Moai Mau Loa, Roger and Rob

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
Hoa Timo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: SoFlo
Image
Canyer robot protect you from the goat?
Awesome to see you declare! It has been a long time coming!
Happy Questing!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am
Posts: 27
Location: Tampa, FL
Since you are sort of in the area, do you happen to know of any tiki in Tampa? I cant find anything but beach bars misusing the name...

_________________
-Matty Rum Buckets-
Denizen of the Island of Tampa, distinguished ruffian, drinker of Mai Tai made by others.

"There is nothing that rum and sarcasm cannot fix" - Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
No, there are a gazillion places in Tampa that throw up Seminole Indian chikee huts (because they can do so without permits as long as there is a Seminole as the contractor) and call themselves a tiki bar but between the Trader Sam's and the Aku Aku in Orlando, and the Bahi Hut in Sarasota, I'm not sure what else there is as a true tiki bar north of the Mai Kai. If you go to the Tiki Weekender that is happening in Clearwater area soon, you may find out some places that I am not familiar with.....at least places that sell decently crafted drinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Posts: 52
I'm waiting for my sponsor or some spirit guide or maybe some horned mammal to tell me what is next in this process.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qazaaq0msA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am
Posts: 27
Location: Tampa, FL
Thanks for the info.

So far as next steps, I have no idea. When you find out, let us all know ;)

_________________
-Matty Rum Buckets-
Denizen of the Island of Tampa, distinguished ruffian, drinker of Mai Tai made by others.

"There is nothing that rum and sarcasm cannot fix" - Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 174
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
My robot collection pales in comparison to yours, but it's certainly a fun hobby. Next to the 500 tiki mugs at the house was a room full of R2-D2's, but they've moved to my office now.

-CP

ROBOTIKI wrote:
thekazz wrote:
Aloha! Tell us more about yourself, your favorite tiki outings, and a good cocktail recipe!


Being the goodwill ambassador to the Bahi Hut I have to say publicly their mai tai is my favorite cocktail consisting of off-brand gold and off-brand white rums, both poured for 3 seconds, a splash of their secret red stuff (I know what it is finally but I am sworn to carry it to the grave), and a healthy topping of 151. This topped with a plastic sword skewering a cherry and a cube o' pineapple. After a couple minutes marinating in the 151, the aforementioned token fruit is like jello shots. They have been likened to kerosene or paint thinner. I lean toward the former, but they are pure rocket fuel, liquid roofies, as it were, and account for a huge chunk of the revenue there.

Off the record, We made Zombies following BB Berry's exact recipe in Sippin Safari for a birthday celebration and I think that is my new favorite drink.

At least once a month I go on a tiki quest of junk shops. I never come home empty handed. I have a circuit of out-of-the-way places I frequent that seem to be overlooked by collectors and pickers. Picked up a Witco Shield recently and it now hangs in the Bahi Hut.

The Hukilau is 4 hours away for me and I've done that a bunch, folks from 2010 will remember my room crawl room with Robby the Robot in attendance. Shag seemed fairly impressed and we won the decoration award (of course). I think we should have won the drink award too. Being a space theme, we made a drink called the Astro Tango, which featured Tang, the stuff astronauts drink, with a mix of bitters, lemon & lime to add the right amount of tartness, using the sponsor rum from Seven Tiki rum.

Folks that know my other hobbies know the robo portion of my robotiki TC handle comes from a room of robots. Big ones. As in life sized, as well as hundreds of tin ones. But that's another story........

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD
ImageImageImageImageImage Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Declaration thing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Pittsburgh
Good luck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
The drinking will continue, until moral improves.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr