The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Where's the napalm when you need it?"

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: West Coast Moai Ra'e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:48 pm 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
The debate continues with many of our members choosing the wise path of allowing this subject the necessary time for consideration. I believe the argument remains not in the usual realm of "do we approve of the latest Moai Ra'e", but rather still in the area of "do we want to stretch our borders this far this soon".

Tikitony so far has yet to chime in, and I believe he registered with the intent of contacting us with a mug question, and not with the intent of seeking Fellowship. We have been in touch via email regarding that matter since his registration.

The Port does also serve the purpose of allowing the public to chat with us, so it is sometimes premature to assume that a Moai Ra'e has signed on to join up.

So...

Please try to exhibit the infinite patience for people that is the mark of a true Moai, and we will do our best to expedite the process of a decision. As still as the statue, as patient as the stone.

In the mean time, we can chat about anything you like.

Ahu

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:00 pm 
Kere

perhaps outa towners should be allowed, with the intent of starting chapters in their state. true, this is not a place just for chatting, like tc. but a social club (organization) leaning towards physical get togethers. I'm all for chapters, as long as they are going to at least meet up once in a while, or try to attend one of the main orders events. also representing the order at other events. this is to be a real brotherhood, not just b.s. sessions. if you are willing to put on the fez, you must also have some physical input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:16 pm 
Nounou Moai

Location: muthafuckin' f-town dawg!!! from da streets yo!!keepin' it off da chain 'yall!!!ahhh. hells naw!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Like ALL-MALE Midnite swims.

" marco "

" polo "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:39 pm 
Tourist

arturo finkus wrote:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Like ALL-MALE Midnite swims.

" marco "

" polo "

& once again we see why we love this man so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:20 pm 
Tourist

Is it just me, or is this taking a long time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:31 pm 
Nounou Moai

Personal Statement: BEIBER CASUALTY
Patience, good sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:45 pm 
Nounou Moai

bananabobs wrote:
Is it just me, or is this taking a long time?

Unfortunately, not everyone on the board has the chance to check in on this board every day. I, myself, work construction so I don't get surf while at work.

Damion and I both reside in Columbus, and I'd say it was just over four weeks before we were accepted after first introducing ourselves. So it's not a personal thing against you, this is entirely normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:33 pm 
Kere

please take this time to enjoy a delicious sparkling soft drink and a refreshing cigarette.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:50 pm 
Tourist

Hey, I am a little concerned about something,
The other day I was checking the posts and I saw someone bagging on Hanford Lemoore, in a hurry at the time, I waited till later to look into it and now it looks like it is gone.
I am hoping that that one post was a fluke or a joke. I am in good standing at Tiki Central and I hang with people from TC here on the West Coast. I do not see this site being an anti-TC or an "instead of" and before I start my “Trek to the Fez”, I wanted a little clarification.
I feel responsible for stirring up the dust around here, I apologize but I find this an important issue I'm not trying to cause problems.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:39 pm 
Kere

t.c. is of no concern as far as the moai goes. there are some members of t.c. here. different game, different ballpark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:57 pm 
Kere

Quote:
I am hoping that that one post was a fluke or a joke. I am in good standing at Tiki Central and I hang with people from TC here on the West Coast. I do not see this site being an anti-TC or an "instead of" and before I start my “Trek to the Fez”, I wanted a little clarification.
I feel responsible for stirring up the dust around here, I apologize but I find this an important issue I'm not trying to cause problems.
Thanks

Hey Bob,
FYI we are not an anti, or alt TC group. We basically strive to go beyond a web based forum and into the real world of Brick And Mortar (BAM) style of fraternal order.
As far as stirring up dust goes you havent stirred any up.. (your combine is far to clean and proves it wasnt you) And as far as slagging goes.. right or wrong opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and other peoples stink. (LOL)
No we're all good here, We are just trying to figure out our mode of exspansion, we really appreciate your patience and understanding.
One question tho, Why do you want to be a Moai? (insert bad Jack Nicholson impression here) I always ask that of all my prey.....
HAHAHAHAHA
Rusbeltcat on TC
Von Yinzer of the Pittsburgh Moai, Zombie Lodge