The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"This just in: the Fellowship is nuts."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:06 pm 
Honui Moai

seems that i heard he was doing shit like movie scores and stuff. X is one of my alltime favorite bands....EVER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:48 pm 
Honui Moai

isn't he touring with the knitters - x's courty-fied alter ego?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:12 pm 
Nounou Moai

KuKuAhu wrote:
Sorry Bob, we've all been a bit busy this week.

So Lancaster, huh? Any tiki out that way in the form of good junk shop hunting?

You get to Columbus much? We will probably meet up Friday night here in town if you wanna join us.

Ahu

No worries, just thought i'd make some noise. It was too quiet in this forum. :D

Unfortunately not much good tiki hunting that I have found yet. But between work, work, work, and sleep it's hard.

I work in Columbus actually, at Franklin University, so i think its safe to say I make it that way fairly often. But, unfortunately Friday nights usually don't work for me during high school football season. We have a senior on the Lancaster team in the family so we keep pretty busy with that.

In fact if you watched the Lancaster/Pickerington game last Friday you probably heard about him. His name is Shayne Harvey. He intercepted in the last couple minutes of the game to take it into overtime and win. (nah, we don't brag much about it though! :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:18 pm 
Nounou Moai

freakytiki wrote:
seems that i heard he was doing shit like movie scores and stuff. X is one of my alltime favorite bands....EVER!

I went through a phase where X was all I would listen to. I have their double cd greatest hits. It's great. When I lived in L.A. Exene used to own a shop in Hollywood. i hardly remember even what they sold now. But it was pretty cool. It's closed down now though. I went a few times to try and catch her in there. No such luck though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:26 pm 
Nounou Moai

Personal Statement: BEIBER CASUALTY
tikibob wrote:

In fact if you watched the Lancaster/Pickerington game last Friday you probably heard about him. His name is Shayne Harvey. He intercepted in the last couple minutes of the game to take it into overtime and win. (nah, we don't brag much about it though! :D )

Go kid go! He now has an Al Bundy story. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:38 am 
Nounou Moai

Aloha, Tikibob. There's a Tiki Lanes bowling alley? In Lancater? I think the FOM should reserve a couple of lanes there in the near-future.

My turn for a X story. I saw them when I lived in Santa Barbara in 88 that was supposedly their last ever show. Exene was 9 months pregnant and was relegated to a stool center stage. Man, they kicked ass. Best show even seen by these eyes to this day, though the Ramones in 80 is a very close second. When I moved to Hollywood, my cassette of "Los Angeles" was my personal soundtrack. They were so great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:47 pm 
Honui Moai

tikibob wrote:
freakytiki wrote:

I went through a phase where X was all I would listen to. I have their double cd greatest hits. It's great. When I lived in L.A. Exene used to own a shop in Hollywood. i hardly remember even what they sold now. But it was pretty cool. It's closed down now though. I went a few times to try and catch her in there. No such luck though.

it was a t-shirt shop. one of my ex-girlfriends used to own a shop and would buy stuff from her. she used to talk to her on the phone regularly and said she was very cool and friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:23 pm 
Nounou Moai

kid mongo wrote:
Aloha, Tikibob. There's a Tiki Lanes bowling alley? In Lancater? I think the FOM should reserve a couple of lanes there in the near-future.

My turn for a X story. I saw them when I lived in Santa Barbara in 88 that was supposedly their last ever show. Exene was 9 months pregnant and was relegated to a stool center stage. Man, they kicked ass. Best show even seen by these eyes to this day, though the Ramones in 80 is a very close second. When I moved to Hollywood, my cassette of "Los Angeles" was my personal soundtrack. They were so great.

Oddly enough I live about a mile away from Tiki Lanes. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:23 pm 
Nounou Moai

freakytiki wrote:
tikibob wrote:
freakytiki wrote:

it was a t-shirt shop. one of my ex-girlfriends used to own a shop and would buy stuff from her. she used to talk to her on the phone regularly and said she was very cool and friendly.

I'll take your word for it. I have no memory past yesterday. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:43 am 
Honui Moai

tikibob wrote:
freakytiki wrote:
tikibob wrote:
freakytiki wrote:

I'll take your word for it. I have no memory past yesterday. :lol:

hahahaha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:49 am 
Nounou Moai

Aloha all,
Just a quick post to let you all know that, yes, I am still alive. Computer troubles for the last couple weeks have prevented me from being here. But i am now officially back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:14 pm 
Tourist

From LA to Ohio? From the fire to the pan...
Now you want to make some noise because it’s too quiet? Ahh. I hate to break this to you but I think you are in for a long winter.
Its always Moai greener on the other side, here I am lamenting that there are no seasons, the trees are just as green as May, no cold nights, girls still wearing short dresses and flip flops, I mean when the wind blows on the palms the rustle does not sound anything like fall leaves, I miss Ohio. To get a pumpkin other than the Market, (imported from ??? average price for a medium, 15-20 lbs is like $16.00) you gotta drive 35 miles and wait in a line while the gang bangers cruize the parking lot booming rap.

Tapia Bros. - Pumpkin patch in October with some animals to see, hay climbing structures, things for kids to take pictures on, etc
Corner of Burbank Blvd. and Hayvenhurst Ave, Encino (San Fernando Valley), CA, 91436. Open every day I believe. During pumpkin patch weekends, sell roasted corn and have a picnic area. Popular farm stand in the middle of the city during the rest of the year; known for their tomatoes and corn.

In the middle of San Fernando Valley, like the size of Cincinnati, only a population of 1.5 million. Notice, "some animals to see" A couple of goats and some rabbits. Very country.

Well enough of my lamenting, (By the way I just looked at the weather report, you guys are expected to be at 11 degrees tonight...)
Even though I'm here and your there, welcome to another Bob.