The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Camel toes, and sweater vests, and rompers...oh, my!"

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aloha Poliahu!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:38 pm 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
Welcome to the Port of the Intitiate here at the FOM. If you could, please introduce yourself to the Moai and tell us a bit about you.

Ahu

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:00 pm 
Honui Moai

Hello all - My name's Denis & I hail from Dayton Ohio. I work by day as a video producer and by night as a graphic designer doing gigposters and music packaging for local and regional bands. One pays the bills and the other's purely a labor of love.

I'll be chasing 40 before long, and can remember a time when supper clubs and polynesian lounges dotted the landscape in every city you visited. I looked forward to taking my place at the bar and enjoying all that life had to offer.

Now I look out the car window during my travels and behold an endless sea of Appleby's, fake steak joints and stores that want to preach to me about morality.

I look forward to hearing more about what's out there & enjoying a fine beverage now and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:33 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
Now I look out the car window during my travels and behold an endless sea of Appleby's, fake steak joints and stores that want to preach to me about morality.

I hear that! Sad to say that I grew up in the So Side of Chicago and never made it out to the Kahiki before someone decided that they couldn't drive an extra 15 mins to pick up their hemmoroid cream. Don't you just love the corporates, with their cookie cutter safe menus and BS drinks with more sugar and fufu than anything. Pretty soon they'll be buying the schools, just like they did with all the stadiums.

Well nuff of that! Welcome into the FOM or at least this portion of it. Always good to have more creative folks around. Too bad you couldn't make it to the HRHH, you missed one hellova good time. But don't worry, the next ones only a year away, and the'll be plenty of little get togethers and such i'm sure.