The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"You have strong opinions and like to drink."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introing myself
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 am 
Nounou Moai

Hey guys,

I am necro, the guy who did the poster for the Hula Hop. KukuAhu recommended i come here to intro myself to enter the brotherhood!

So, here i am!

Cant wait for the show (and the preshow...FOOD!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 pm 
Honui Moai

welcome! you wouldn't be a nekromantix fan would you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:32 pm 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
Aloha Necro! Glad to see you post. I'll personally take up the sponsorship of your initiation seeing as how I'm really the only one of the Fellowship's members to have spoken with you at length and met you in person.

Please tell everyone a bit about yourself if you could, basic interests, hobbies, etc.

You should hear a decision here soon with regard to your application. You will recieve it by email.

In the meantime, have a look at the site, read what you can here in the Port forum, chat all you like with us here, and just make yourself comfortable.

Ahu

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:21 am 
Nounou Moai

Ok...I am into art obviously, particularly "lowbrow", abstract, and current pop. I am a sucker for Japanese toys. I am into reading Robert E Howard's Conan stories at the moment, as well as reprints of old Tomb of Dracula comics by Marvel. I love classic muscle cars from the 60's. I hope to be able to afford one someday, but at the rate i am going, that will be never. Hmmm...my life is pretty lame at the moment. I have been a hermit for the past 7-8 months. I work for a childrens software/book publishing company by day, and i am trying to establish myself in the screen printing realm by "night"..i have little spare time and when i do, i am usually napping. I share an apartment with my black and tan dachshund, Bruno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:53 am 
Nounou Moai

oh, and btw, i am not a nekromantix fan...not that i dont like them, i have just never heard them before

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:48 pm 
Honui Moai

necro wrote:
oh, and btw, i am not a nekromantix fan...not that i dont like them, i have just never heard them before

i see. try them! you might like them! that is, if you're a psychobilly fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:35 am 
Kere

Go with earlier nexromantics... the more recent stuff just isnt as good.... one mans opinion... also check out Batmobile...... they rock!! And Only the Meteors are true psycobilly.... LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:10 pm 
Honui Moai

Von_Yinzer wrote:
Go with earlier nexromantics... the more recent stuff just isnt as good.... one mans opinion... also check out Batmobile...... they rock!! And Only the Meteors are true psycobilly.... LOL

excellent taste my friend! go check out my bands website. there are some mp3's on there. you might like it! http://www.cryptokats.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:08 pm 
Kere

hey freaky the site seem sto be down, can you hook me up with a cd? Hopefully at the HRHH............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:28 pm 
Honui Moai

Von_Yinzer wrote:
hey freaky the site seem sto be down, can you hook me up with a cd? Hopefully at the HRHH............

yeah dammit, i just noticed that today. i'll have to kick our bass player in the rear. he's the one that hosts it and updates it. go here instead!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4844157&Mytoken=20050804172725

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:45 am 
Kere

will definatly check it out from home... sounds pretty freakin wicked... you guys ever tour out to da burgh? or have you not made it that far yet?? Used to be a NJ guy and go to Psyco Saturdays at the LOOP , god do i miss that saw some great acts there, Necromatics, Tim Polecat... Speed Devils, The Pits, Photon Torpeados... geez I cant even remember all of them, Unfortunatly I didnt make it to the big Rumble that htey had... that sucks, was just getting out of a bad relationship... but dearly miss seeing bands that were of a great caliber... always good to meet another psyco nut.. I will be playing some at the HRHH, but some of the tamer more easily diestible stuff (for the masses) LOL
Look forward to meeting you!
Von Yinzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:10 am 
Honui Moai

Von_Yinzer wrote:
will definatly check it out from home... sounds pretty freakin wicked... you guys ever tour out to da burgh? or have you not made it that far yet?? Used to be a NJ guy and go to Psyco Saturdays at the LOOP , god do i miss that saw some great acts there, Necromatics, Tim Polecat... Speed Devils, The Pits, Photon Torpeados... geez I cant even remember all of them, Unfortunatly I didnt make it to the big Rumble that htey had... that sucks, was just getting out of a bad relationship... but dearly miss seeing bands that were of a great caliber... always good to meet another psyco nut.. I will be playing some at the HRHH, but some of the tamer more easily diestible stuff (for the masses) LOL
Look forward to meeting you!
Von Yinzer

haven't been that far east yet....not to play music anyway. about as far east as we've gotten is dayton ohio and cincinatti. i'd like to head that way to play. i have a friend that plays bass in a band called Speed Crazy from jersey. we've been wanting to get together for a show for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:23 am 
Kere

Oh so you know Erica? I havent seen speed crazy the past couple of times they were in the burgh.. Used to hang with Augie as well, You know I Erica is still dating Carlos?
I miss those cats, my move out was kinda abrupt and I didnt get the opportunity to say goodbye to a lot of folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:35 pm 
Honui Moai

Von_Yinzer wrote:
Oh so you know Erica? I havent seen speed crazy the past couple of times they were in the burgh.. Used to hang with Augie as well, You know I Erica is still dating Carlos?
I miss those cats, my move out was kinda abrupt and I didnt get the opportunity to say goodbye to a lot of folks.

as far as i know she is still dating carlos. i haven't heard otherwise. i met her through an add in maximum rock-n-roll! how crazy is that! i don't know if you do the myspace thing or not, but the band has a space on there as well as erica.