The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Macho Man Randy Savage thinks they need to calm down..."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:41 am 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
I'm happy/sad to report that my current house has pretty much zero activity. Nothing like the old and much older place. My current house is only 5 years older than I am. The old place? 60 years my senior.

Perhaps that explains it. I suspect it is the tranquility and sort of zen chi whateveryacallit this place has vs. the blue collar ups and downs of the last digs. This pad is connected to the land that surrounds it and has lots of natural light (not the beer). Born in 1967, and loaded with remnants of a party past... Dope was smoked here by the bushel.

If there are ghosts, they are too fucking stoned to even stand up, much less haunt.

"Man.. Why you always wanna go haunt, man? I just like.. I just sat down."

Now, large unknown animals that may be of a cryptozoological nature? Maybe.

I mean, I'm not saying I have a bigfoot problem. But I'm not saying I don't either.

It's either that, or really fucking big squirrels.

Ahu

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:51 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Enjoy Yourself
Do the squirrels have big hands?

I forgot to mention that a few days before my spectral hand job there was a dark orange glowing ball on my pillow.
As I entered the bedroom in quickly faded away.
I haven't had any issues in years.
So, hopefully, this is just a visiting spook who should kindly go away.

I want to hear Chisel Slinger's ghost tale he mentioned on FB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 am 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
Hi Fi Hijinx wrote:
Do the squirrels have big hands?

No, but the chickens have large talons.

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 am 
Honui Moai

Damn chickens

Post subject: Ghost stories anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:07 am 
Protector of the Golden Witco

Personal Statement: LIGHTS OUT!
Hi Fi Hijinx wrote:
Dear Penthouse Forum,
Something strange happened last night that I have to share.

fixt it 4 U

Namaste-ake.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Ghost stories anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 pm 
Kere

My ghost story ended up being our cat, who had health problems, when he coughed, hacked, sometimes it sounded just like someone saying hi! Our poor cat passed on a couple weeks ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Honui Moai

I'm sorry to hear that Jim.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:01 pm 
Honui Moai

That time again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm 
Hoa Manu

Personal Statement: 2 seconds?!?!?!?
I don't notice any activity in my current apartment but my sister swears it is haunted by my grandmother.

My previous apartment however was chock full of activity. My apartment was the attic and had the greatest layout. Half of it was a long hallway that encompassed, well, a hallway, a galley kitchen and the bathroom. Because it was the attic I had one of those Alice in Wonderland/Twilight Zone mini doors that went under the eaves. It freaked me out so I put a table in front of it with flowers and stuff. When my Aunt passed away she was a good Catholic who had collected holy water from everywhere. Bottles and bottles of holy water. We all had to take a bottle when we cleaned out her house (mine looked like an old Doc Magillicuddy's bottle) so I put mine on the table in front of the little door. It evaporated within 2 weeks.

My friends would feel ill walking up my stairs. I always felt like something large was sitting in the stairway, a certain area where the air just felt thick. I actually had someone run out of my stairwell once, he wouldn't go through that area.

Every night between 9:30 and 10:00 I would be lying in bed reading (alone) and the bed would bounce for a couple of minutes like, well... like someone was bouncing on the bed.

I miss that place. It was tiny and at 5' 3" the top of my head just barely cleared the shower, but I loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 pm 
Hoa Manu

I went to the begining and read this whole thread. Great read! (I want a Totoro haunting my house!)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:02 pm 
Honui Moai

Ratzaroony wrote:
I have two more ghost pictures this year. I'm not very good at explaining this stuff, so I'm just going to quote paranormal.about.com for the stories on the pictures. The first picture is what I've been using as my avatar for Halloween.

On November 19, 1995, Wem Town Hall in Shropshire, England burned to the ground. Many spectators gathered to watch the old building, built in 1905, as it was being consumed by the flames. Tony O'Rahilly, a local resident, was one of those onlookers and took photos of the spectacle with a 200mm telephoto lens from across the street. One of those photos shows what looks like a small, partially transparent girl standing in the doorway. Nether O'Rahilly nor any of the other onlookers or firefighters recalled seeing the girl there.

O'Rahilly submitted the photo to the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena which, in turn, presented it for analysis to Dr. Vernon Harrison, a photographic expert and former president of the Royal Photographic Society. Harrison carefully examined both the print and the original negative, and concluded that it was genuine. "The negative is a straightforward piece of black-and-white work and shows no sign of having been tampered with," Harrison said.

But who is the little girl? Wem, a quiet market town in northern Shropshire, had been ravaged by fire in the past. In 1677, historical records note, a fire destroyed many of the town's old timber houses. A young girl named Jane Churm, the legends say, accidentally set fire to a thatched roof with a candle. Many believed her ghost haunted the area and had been seen on a few other occasions.

I'd say the Wem Town Hall Girl Ghost pic is pretty well busted.

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/05/17/w ... lly-solved

Check out the side-by-sides. And this photo was checked out by experts....just goes to show ya!

The NSA thanks you for your feedback. Please, carry on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm 
Nounou Moai

Not really a ghost story, but in a way it is. Apparently the woman who used to live in my house was a Corsetiere. I thought she made corsets for a living. I had heard this from people before, but Monday I got a survey addressed to her: Spencer-Spirella Corsetiere. So, I looked this up. I guess she was more of a traveling saleswoman. They made housecalls, selling undergarments.

http://www.corsetiere.net/Spirella/Cors ... m#reallife

ImageImage

She might be one of these women pictured here (probably not, but she probably looked like them):

I found bits of an old newspaper from 1941 in the attic once.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm 
Honui Moai

SpaceBoy64 wrote:
Not really a ghost story, but in a way it is. Apparently the woman who used to live in my house was a Corsetiere. I thought she made corsets for a living. I had heard this from people before, but Monday I got a survey addressed to her: Spencer-Spirella Corsetiere. So, I looked this up. I guess she was more of a traveling saleswoman. They made housecalls, selling undergarments.

http://www.corsetiere.net/Spirella/Cors ... m#reallife

ImageImage

She might be one of these women pictured here (probably not, but she probably looked like them):

I found bits of an old newspaper from 1941 in the attic once.

Not what my fantasy door-to-door underwear saleswomen look like. Still... :wink:

The NSA thanks you for your feedback. Please, carry on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:17 pm 
Matu'u

Personal Statement: Conch ceviche.
Professor Pineapple is gonna love that scooter in the photo though.

-Rev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 pm 
Nounou Moai

pappythesailor wrote:
Not what my fantasy door-to-door underwear saleswomen look like. Still... :wink:

Well, they were selling to other women, not men. Victoria's Secret wasn't around back then.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Go fish.
Since we've moved in to this house, my sister-in-law has heard a distinctive, "Hi!" No one else was home and the cats were sleeping. One other evening, we thought we were having a haunting or a break in and it was one of the cats who got her head stuck in a plastic grocery bag.

Once, when I was in high school, a bunch of us were at a party and were Ouija-ing. Some spirit came through and immediately the pace of the pointer changed and the night light across the room started flickering. After a few questions, we asked the spirit if it was by the night light and the bulb popped, sending the room into darkness and scaring the bejeezus out of us. No electrical issues in the house and it was a new bulb. Creeeepy. 8)

Then there was the other Ouija experience where the candle got blown out. No drafts, no one really close by or breathing in the direction of the candle. Again, creepy.

And I'm typing all of this in the dark on Halloween.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:31 am 
Honui Moai

BUMP in the night..it's that time again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:44 pm 
Hoa Manu

I was just thinking about this thread yesterday!

As previously mentioned, my sister thinks my grandmother haunts my house. She has witnessed doors banging and things falling off the table, in MY apartment no less, just not when I was in the room. I rent from my grandfather who bought the house in 1946 or 47, after he came home from WWII. There are 3 apartments in the house. His (and my grandmother's until she died in 1984) which is downstairs, mine which is directly above it, and my sister's which is 2 level unit on the side.

My apartment does not have direct access to the driveway. So most often we go walk through my grandfather's apartment as opposed to going around the house. This also helps keep the neighbors (we don't live in the greatest neighborhood) from realizing my grandfather's apartment is unoccupied (we can't leave him alone anymore, he lives with my aunt). Not that there is anything to steal. He's 96 and hasn't bought anything new or marginally valuable for decades and everything he does own has that depressing color of being stained by cigarette and cigar smoke. If I were a robber and broke into my grandfather's house I would leave something, possibly bleach.

I get a bit creeped out walking through the dark dining room, the light switch is only on one end of the room. We have to walk past 2 bedroom doors and I always expect something to jump out at me from what was my grandparent's bedroom. I can just visualize my grandmother's ghost in there. The mirror opposite the door does not help this effect. It creeps me the fuck out.

For the past week, my pre-schooler has been throwing a fit about going to bed. And when leave the house, he won't walk through without me right by him and he stops and peeks into my grandparent's bedroom which is right below his bedroom.

And then there is always our gem of a basement that I had to go into last night because a certain cd I recieved in the mail this week possessed my computer and blew a fuse:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:48 pm 
Honui Moai

Bumps in the night....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:52 pm 
Hoa Manu

We were just talking ghost stories at lunch yesterday!

On of our LPNs had a great story.

A little background info: the next little farm town over, Hollis, has a cemetery called Blood Cemetery after the family of Abel Blood. Obviously this is a place where teenagers like to go and scare one another.

Quote:
Nestled beside a New England farm plot in Hollis, NH, this ancient cemetery is reportedly very haunted.

Officially named Pine Hill Cemetery, it is commonly referred to as Blood Cemetery — denoting the famous headstone marking Abel Blood’s grave. Rumors indicate the hand pointing upwards on Blood’s grave mysteriously points downward at night and numerous paranormal investigations have recorded strange voices, ghostly orbs have shown up in pictures, etc.

Closed dusk to dawn and heavily patrolled by authorities around Halloween.

Allison's story:
Her ex (whom she was with for 7 years) one night wanted to go check out Blood Cemetery and be all brave or scared or whatever. So they went out to dinner, a movie, and then over to the cemetery and were standing there looking at the headstones and waiting for something to happen. Now what happened next could only happen to Allison. She had been having stomach cramps all night and could not hold it in anymore and just let out a silent but deadly. She said nothing. Her boyfriend apparently went pale and said "We need to get out of here, now!".

I was laughing so hard I was crying. I can just imagine standing in an old cemetery in the middle of the night and a terrible smell just wafts over... If I was standing next to Allison, I would just assume it was her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 pm 
Avai Rona

Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Years ago, growing up in NJ, my Mother started working as a realtor. M sister and I were out of the house all day in H.S., sports, activities so she was bored.

She was pretty good at it and got a number of listings in our area. One evening at dinner she told us she had been invited to see, and list, a home on an older street in our town (our house was built in the 1890's). Anyway, when she got there, talking with the owners as they were in the yard, she asked if anyone was in the house. The owner replied "No, my husband is at work, why?" My mom replied that she felt like she was being watched and she saw a curtain move on the second floor.
The owner assured her that no one else was home and they proceeded inside.

As they climbed the stairs, a feeling of dread came over my mom, but she went in anyway.
Setting her purse on the foyer table (to hold a note pad) they walked into the house.

As they passed a corner, my mom felt as if she was shoved and nearly fell over. At the same time her purse (6-10' away) was knocked to the floor and the contents were scattered everywhere.

She rushed back, gathered her belongings, quickly left the house and never returned.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:31 pm 
Honui Moai

About 2 years ago I woke around 6 AM and went to the restroom.
(well good for you Joe. Thanks for telling us.)
When you open the restroom door you are looking out into the living room.
Above the living room is where the music room is and that room is a mess.
You also need to know the the stairs leading to the music room are a mess as well.
So, where was I? Oh yeah, peeing.
I opened the bathroom door and I hear the sound of someone running across the upstairs music room floor towards me.
I didn't think about the mess upstairs and that running is not possible up there so, instead I panicked.
I got my walking stick, which is made out of the handle from an old snow shovel.
I could take your head off with this thing.
Then I ran over to the bottom of the steps and I hear someone running down the stairs.
I duck and prepare for attack.
But in return all I heard was silence.
(Can you hear silence?)
I waited, thinking they may have heard me.
No breathing, no whispers, no clothes rustling.
Nothing.
I got my nerve up and ran towards the steps and turned the light on.
Just the same mess that is always there.

Last edited by Hi Fi Hijinx on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:39 pm 
Honui Moai

Story from KukiAmi via FB messaging with her permission:

"So once upon a time, I happened to be at a friend's house they had just moved into and had noticed "activity." (i.e. lights being turned on or off when no one was there, noises where noises shouldn't be happening, etc.) They happened to be of the witchy sort so they chose to do a cleansing of the home.

I got to follow along. We started in the basement and one of the first things we found was an old liquor bottle that wasn't down there just 10 minutes earlier. (Seriously, it wasn't there. I was down there too.) As we made it to the corner where the bottle was, you could feel this crazy angry energy pressing on us. Suddenly, someone was banging on the HVAC vents but....there was no one there. My friend decided the bottle was this ghosts "symbol" and tried to break it. I was the only one who could throw it hard enough to shatter it.

As soon as that broke, the angry energy stopped to. My friends did their magic and "shoved" the ghost out the window and we move on.

Upstairs, in one of the bedrooms, they traced another ghost into the attic. One of my friends, without telling anyone she was going to do it, managed to take the ghost's spirit into her body so they could take her outside. The ghost wasn't leaving otherwise. As they were taking her down the stairs, this ghost's spirit was seriously trying to throw my friend's body down the stairs. She was speaking in Chinese (my friend can't speak Chinese). Another friend took that cue and called on the goddess Quan Yin and that seemed to weaken the ghost. This ghost fought to not leave the house because that's where her major energy came from. they dragged my friend's body outside and banished the ghost. Then the neighbor dogs started howling. My once possessed friend was out of commission at that point so I had to help finish cleansing, blessing, and sealing the house.

It was quite interesting. LOL

The other stories are more normal: shadows, voices, scents, etc. I did have one ghost that blew a light bulb on me and a group of friends. The light bulb was brand new and there were no electrical issues in the house. It blew when we asked if the ghost was causing the bulb to flicker."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm 
Honui Moai

I have a backlog of stories that I haven't posted in here.

I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep when I saw a ball of light shoot out of the ceiling fan towards the closed window and out to the back of the house (where my feet are pointing).
Yelling at the ball, I told it to get out of my house.
Just as I said the word 'out' my next door neighbor's turned their kitchen light on.
The light shines on the ceiling (coming through the window on my right).
The ball of light then came back to the fan from the back window, makes a 90 degree turn to it's left and headed towards the window where the light was coming from.
As it moved from the fan the ball was dim then it went into the brightness from the neighbor's kitchen light and I could see the light reflecting off the ball as it went out the closed window.

A few months ago I saw a small black object, about a foot long, fly straight down out of the ceiling above my head, make a curved 90 degree swoop (making it parallel with the ceiling) and it faded away.
The whole thing happened in about 1 second.
No, I don't have bats.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 am 
Lunamaka'ainana Kere

Personal Statement: I miss you Roger Danger
I think most of you by now have heard my story, but for those of you who may not...
My husband and I celebrated our 37 wedding anniversary one week, and then the following week he died. We'd been together since we were 16 or 17 yrs old and married a month after graduating high school in 1977. I was a wreck when Roger Danger died. No warning, no good byes, I love you, nothing.
For months after he pasted my dinning room sputnik lamp would turn itself on in the wee hours of the morning, and then again be on to greet me when I walked into the house after work.
It was somehow comforting to me. wake up to the light and come home to light.
I doesn't happen anymore, and I'm a bit sad about that.
Also right after everyone left my house and I was alone for the first time ever after Rogers passing my one of the pull weights on my grand mother clock actually jumped off the chain. It didn't bend or break the hook, just jumped off and crashed straight through the bottom of the cabinet. I never heard it happen. It must of cause quite a ruckus. I walked through the living room and noticed that the clock was not on time and the pendulum was not swaying back and forth. I opened the glass door, saw that the weight was missing, but didn't actually find the weight for two more days when I finally got down on my hands and knees and reached way into the cabinet up to my armpit and finally felt the hole in the bottom of the base. It really took some doing to get under the clock base to retrieve the weight and reinstall it. I wish now that I would of noticed the time on the clock that this happened, but I didn't think about that at the moment this happened. It seemed fitting to me after that to place Rogers memorial card on the clock. I'm not very good at explaining this but I feel like this is a tangible example of the hole in Roger and my time line together. He loved that clock. We bought it when we were dirt poor. and it caused a bit of a hardship on us for awhile to pay what was then such a high price, but we didn't care the steady tic toc and and chimes made it worth while to us. Roger didn't care too much about things, he preferred animals and people over any material goods...except that clock.

Last weekend I threw a little tea party as part of my research for a future business plan I have. One of the ladies who is a co worker of mine and was of Roger too, showed me yesterday a video she took in my living room while I was busy in the kitchen. She told me that she kept feeling a presence in the room and finally pulled out her cell phone and video taped around the room. as she was panning around she saw and several other ladies saw a small orb of light breeze by. Sure enough, I could see it plain as day on the video play back. She was afraid to show it to me for fear I'd be mad or scared but finally decided yesterday to show me.
Over a year after Roger pasted away and I still wake up at the exact time he called out to me on the day he died. The scenario of that morning replays in my mind so clear that it seems like it's happening for the first time, then the feeling/dream/whatever passes and I can fall back to sleep. I wonder if the energy still lingers in that spot. Where I sleep now is just about a foot from where everything happened on that day. I swear for a brief moment some times when I walk down the stairs I can still see the mess left behind by paramedics and the Jimmy's tiki laying on the ground where Roger clutched at it as he fell to the floor, and then it fades away just as quick. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me, although the dogs will sometimes out of the blue look at that spot and bark. makes the hair on the back on my neck stand up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next