The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"It's like they want to be Motley Crue but lack the talent, songwriting ability and good taste."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Ghost stories anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:09 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Enjoy Yourself
Who wants to go first?
I'd prefer to hear true events.
One of my fav sites: http://www.castleofspirits.com

One of my stories....

I was given a big box of my friend's belongings to sell on ebay.
He passed when he was 28.
I was upstairs, in my music room, on the computer.
I was making a mix tape.
I got up to put in another CD.
The CD was The Simpsons: Songs in the Key of Springfield.
I had borrowed the CD from my friend while he was still here.
I opened up the CD player and went to put in the CD.
The CD player closed on it's own.
I opened it again, thinking "that was odd."
I went to put in the CD again.
It closed again.
I turned to my left and said to an empty room, "stop it."
I opened the CD player again.
This time it stayed open.
I continued making my mix tape.
When I was finished I turned around to head back to my computer.
The screen had gone black by then.
But, written in the dust on the blank screen, the words " wash me."
I turned to the empty room again and said, "OK, now you're scarring me."
I went back to work on the computer again.
When I was finished a few hours later I turned the computer off.
When the screen went blank again, after shutdown, I saw that the words written in the dust had been wiped away as if by an invisible hand.

OK, your turn.

Last edited by Hi Fi Hijinx on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:17 am 
Tourist

Ok I got one.

This is all true.
I knew a girl that lived down the street from my house
when I was in jr high.
In fact I knew thier whole family.
One day I saw the girls sister and jokingly asked for a ride home.
She said it was cool but I had my bike and I was joking.
That night my sister came into my room and said
Mrs so and so had just killed the whole family!
I said that's not funny.
She said no it's true.
That night when I went to bed I turned off the tv.
Shortly after that the tv turned on!
All by it self!
Now I will say the tv had a rocker type switch that could have
not been rocked the whole way.
But it had never done that before or after that night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:14 am 
Nounou Moai

This picture was taken by Gene Campbell, in 1976 in the Amityville house made famous in the book The Amityville Horror. The boy in the picture also resembles Mark and John Defeo, both of whom were killed in the Amityville murders. The cameraman and his crew got an extensive tour of the house before setting up their cameras. There were no children there.

Now I'm not as sure on the story of this picture. This photo was supposedly taken by an insurance representative taking photos of the damage of a house that had just burned down. I'll try to get more info on it :D

EDIT - The ghost in this one is hard to see, but if you save it and zoom in on the center of the image you'll see it.

I'll post some more later - I love these stories so I have a bunch of pictures of stuff like this and I have two or three books with stories of the paranormal. I'll try to spread them out so the good ones last until Halloween :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 am 
Fellow Moai

Insomnia again...

So here I am. That is one freaky looking "little boy" up there! I don't think it will help my insomnia, reading all of this.

Here's mine: (one of them anyhow)

I was in middle school. My Dad picked me up from school/or the library (have to ask him because I'm a little fuzzy on where we were exactly)

We had the 'ol 1978 Chevy Beauville Van. Nice shade of brown. :roll:

A girl I knew from my Grandparents' street nearby was there also. I ended up talking to her and told her I was going to my Grandma's house when my Dad picked me up.

Somehow she ended up needing a ride home. When my Dad got there, I asked and he said fine. I opened the door to the van and we climbed in.

Grandma's wasn't too far away, maybe 3-4 miles max, mostly country out that way. We stopped at her house, pulled in the circle drive and I opened the door. She went out and for some reason didn't go in the front door...walked around the house. I remember my Dad saying he thought that was strange.

Grandma and Grandpa lived about 3 houses down, off a long lane with a covered bridge. They had about 15 acres back then, couple gardens, a creek and tons of walnut trees.

We went inside and mentioned to her that we had just given the neighbor girl a ride home. My Dad commented about her not going in the house, and that she didn't speak the whole time. He thought she was acting strangely.

My Grandma told us that it couldn't be, because their only child had just died. She thought we were crazy.

My Mom and I were telling my husband this story the other night. He doesn't believe in spirits/hauntings etc. My Mom told him that my Father (who also never believes in this sort of thing) kept telling her that it was the strangest thing, how she never spoke...and he just couldn't get over the whole experience.

For the life of me, I can't remember if I talked to her or not. I must have, or how would I have known she wanted to come with us? I have no clue why she was there...she never went to my school, I played with her a few times while visiting my Grandparents...that's all.

Creepy eh? Gospel truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:11 pm 
Nounou Moai

Personal Statement: It wasn't Bohemian!
Never much for or against this stuff myself...be and let be is my take...but...about 7 years back when I 1st moved to sunny Fl I took my folks to St Augastine for the Thanksgiving holiday...a quaint town in NE FL...B&B ships town with lots-o-history....Long story short we did a "ghost tour" one night which filled my head with lots of ideas...we learn that the B&B we are in is noted for "sightings and happenings", the details I will spare for the sake of brevity......2 things I recall:

1. Trying to sleep and hearing the distant sound so laugher and chatting outside the door...when I looked, there where no guests there....no one at all-nothing!

2. Back before we had digital cameras....I have a good old 35mm photo of Papabear (my dad) in the reading room of this sweet holding open a book, looking comidicly studious...strangely, the bottom section of the photo has a strange cloudy mist that wasn't there when I took the picture....as if.....( I will try to find and scan).

Just, as if......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:24 pm 
Hatu Matoa

Personal Statement: The Pythagoras of Love
There's a woman in a hooded gray dress that appears like a shadow from time to time around my house. She was standing on my deck one night when I was sleeping in the sunroom. Just there looking right at me through the window. Scared the fuck outta me. Then she was gone. Like... I see her, then -poof- gone.

She came in the house once from the same area. Walked right through the glass door/wall and into the suroom... then the dining room... and was coming toward me on the living room couch where I was watching TV. This time I couldn't move at all, and I got a very "not good" vibe. A menacing vibe, like she wanted to hurt me or scare me.

Half way across the dining room in about 3 seconds, and then... gone.

Heart pounding... scared to death.

Told my wife about the 2 meetings with "the gray lady" and that was the last I ever saw of her.

If you wanna hear another one sometime, ask me in person about the string I found that went straight up into the sky, and the ghost of the fisherman that walked right through a fence in front of me.

Ahu

ferment the red bitters of love! 

I know heavens pierced by lightning, the waterspouts
and undertows and currents: I know night, 
Dawn rising like a nation of doves, 
and I've seen, sometimes, what men only dreamed they saw! 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:10 pm 
Honui Moai

Ahu, tell them here.
We'd love to hear them.
Also, remind me not to come to your house!

I've never seen a ghost. I hope to never see one. But, I have a heard a smelled a few odd things.
After my friend H-Bomb Ferguson passed I kept hearing someone call my name or say "hey" in a hushed tone. It always happened when I was in my music room on my computer. To the right of me, about 15 is the landing at the top of the stairs. The voice would always come from there. Then, when I told my wife about it. The voice stopped. But, noises kept coming from the room beyond the stairs. Noises like paper crinkling. I made a video for his funeral that was a tribute to him. Finally, I turned to towards the room and said, "If this is H-Bomb and you are trying to thank me for making the video you are welcome. Now, go to where you need to go and stop scarring me." The noises and the voices stopped.
I also smell my grandmother's perfume from time to time. One day I was downstairs, alone, putting away xmas decorations. I smelled her perfume again. The invisible cloud was about 10 feet long and a few feet wide. I kept walking in and out of the cloud. Mesmerized by the fact that I could smell it at point A, but a step to the right, at point B, it was gone. I kept stepping in and out of the cloud 3 or 4 times. Then I stepped out and back in again and it was gone. In the amount of time that it took to take one step out and back it had vanished.

Even my dad had some stories to tell. Before he passed I was trying to get all the info out of him that I could. Including some ghost stories. He had 2.
As some of you may know, my dad was a firefighter. On his days off he had a house painting business. One day, right after his mother passed, he was painting a house. He looked up at a balcony to see his mother starring at him. Then she faded away. In typical dad fashion, he went right back to work.
The next story happened at work too. He had just helped put out a fire that 3 children passed in. During the cleanup of the house he headed upstairs towards the bedrooms. He noticed 3 small clouds of smoke coming down the stairs. Heat rises, so this caught his attention. The 3 clouds went down the stairs, single file. He moved out of the way and they passed him. Then, they went on their merry way. Again, he went back to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:12 am 
Nounou Moai

Personal Statement: What's in that box?
For some time I've had what I generally think of as "wide awake R.E.M.". These have simply been non-chemically induced hallucinations... this is the logical way to explain it. They always have occurred in bed, usually first thing waking up in the morning. Unusually animated, obscure, "anomalous objects" concentrated in relevant positions to the very tangible space around me.

.... But the first time was different. This happened at night. I was 14 or 15 and my bedroom was in the basement, and very distant from sight or sound of anyone else in the house. I don't remember if I had just awaken or not yet fallen asleep, but I do know I wasn't dreaming. I was very conscious and very awake, and despite the atomic glow of the digital alarm clock the room was unusually pitch black... or at least such was the case with the furthest outside wall of the room which was directly to my left as I lay in bed. I looked to this wall to see an apparition emerge from the darkness. I couldn't take my eyes off of it out of shear terror. The apparition was a winged skull, it's wings slowly flapping as it grew closer and closer. I couldn't move... I didn't dare blink. I wanted to look away but I was petrified with fear. I had a thought of closing my eyes tightly and quickly opening them again thinking this would "snap me out of it". I remember trying something like this a couple of times and it was still there big and scary as ever! Finally it just disappeared.

I had always been very cynical of such things as the paranormal, and am still somewhat willing to write this off as anomalous brain activity.

The place was a swanky mid-century ranch. My grandparents lived in the house before selling it to my parents, and the room had been my uncle's room... and before that, there was a cool built in bar in the space. Before living there, I'd had very spooky dreams of the place. My older sister occasionally told me things my Grandmother said to her about the house. Things like, "I hate this damn house!"

My grandparents went on to live in 2 more houses after this one. Both newer homes, very similar in layout to the old ranch. Once, few days after my Grandmother had died, I was in the old ranch alone. I was getting ready to leave for work and had just walked up from the downstairs, passed through the kitchen then the dining room as I had many times before. Suddenly, from the hallway to my right which led to the master bedroom, I heard my grandmother's voice muttering indistinctly. "Grandma?"

Obviously there was no answer. I told my mother about this later and she said she had heard it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:18 am 
Nounou Moai

Ratzaroony wrote:

It took me a while to see them... but damn it sent a chill up my spine when I did! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:09 am 
Honui Moai

THis is great!

I enjoy reading ghost stories and most of all enjoy telling these stories around the campfire. I've toyed with doing my own investigating and even with trying to catch some EVP's on my own, but I haven't worked up the nerve yet. I informally collect ghost stories for retelling when the time comes.

So here it goes.

Both of these stories were related to me one by an employee and the other by a co-worker of mine. They both surround the same property.

In May of 1999 I hired a young man named Vince to work for me at a park system I was employed with near Kansas City, MO. Within this park system was a historic school, church and cemetery called Mount Gilead. It was located on perhaps two acres in a rural part of the county. This property was notably historic as it dated to before the civil war and the school was known as the only school in Missouri to stay open for the duration of the war. The cemetery was unique and had many old graves that dated to the 1840's or even before. As part of our regular duties we often had to check the old school and church on our patrol. One afternoon my employee Vince was doing just that when the following events unfolded.
Vince approached the old church which was a single room building with no interior rooms and high narrow windows on both sides. He stepped onto the front porch and reached for the door knob. As Vince was attempting to put his key in the door, he heard something or someone inside the locked building. He continued to try and open the door, but this time heard someone walking loudly across the wooden plank floor toward the door. At the momemt Vince felt that they were near the door he stepped back expecting someone to emerge, but no one did. He bolted off of the porch and around the building to view the inside of the church and identify the person inside. When he reached the window he looked, but no one was there.

The second incident involves a co-worker of mine named Terry. Terry had moved into a second story apartment above the old Mt. Gilead School house located 50 feet south of the church. Terry told me that while in his bedroom one night he caught site of a black figure hovering outside of his window. When he turned to face the figure it moved and was gone.

Ok here's another weird one for you.

A friend of mine named Lane, who has since passed, recounted this story to me which occured to him as a young man.

One evening he was lying in bed awake. He rolled over in bed and much to his surprise there was a naked women lying next to him. Now, for most of us this would be far from a problem, but for Lane he was surprised to say the least. Almost as sudden as the women had appeared she began to move away and slip over the edge of his bed, but at the last possible second she bit Lane on the hand as she slithered over the edge.

Now Lane was scared half out of his wits and as he hit his bedroom door he ran down the hall to his sister's room where in the middle of the room he found her reading from a book about demons and spirits. It just so happened that she had been reading the incantation to summon a succubus, a form of female demon.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Mr. Lucy Diamond Tiki on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:36 am 
Honui Moai

Aaaah! All very creepy and what's worse is I'm not a skeptic--haven't been for many years and here's why. This story takes place at a funeral home and it involves seeing a body but THAT's not the scary part (although it did send me into hysterics).

Stardate: 1982. Three of us (me, Mike and Frannie) were hanging out at Mike's house. Mike's dad was a funeral director and this was a funeral home but the family lived upstairs and visiting Mike was pretty normal, really. I don't remember exactly the details but Mike and I decided to play a prank where I'd call the house and pretend to be Frannie's mother. To do this, I'd have to use the phone in his father's office downstairs.

So I walk out the house and around the side and I open--the wrong door. I open this door (and really, even though this a funeral home, I'm not in the least scared) and take one look and I think "Death is in this room." Not like, "there's a dead body in this room" but like the way you'd say, "Hey, Howie Mandel is in this room." I don't see anything but a hospital gurney and I KNOW that THE SPECTOR OF DEATH is sitting on that gurney and my feet move forward on their own. I look to the right and there on another gurney is an old woman mostly covered by a sheet and she's dead. Now I run screaming like a girl but that's not the haunting part. To this day I KNOW I walked into a room where Death (The Guy Himself) was sitting on a gurney and nobody can tell me differently and now I don't have the luxury of doubting people who say they've seen weird stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:13 pm 
Nounou Moai

Great thread Joe! I'm surprised I could sleep last night after reading this stuff. And of course I'm back for more :lol:

A girl I worked with long ago told me this totally crazy story. It's been years ago so the finer details are a bit fuzzy, but here goes.

The events took place in a very old house. My impression is that this was a Victorian of 2 or more stories. There was an elderly female relative, a grandmother or great aunt, who was bed-ridden and confined to a bedroom upstairs. When her care-givers saw her to bring her meals, bathe her, and ask how she was doing, she'd mention that there were "little helpers" who came at night to care for her and entertain her. Of course everyone just thought she was talking crazy.

After she passed, the surviving relatives reported hearing noises, like partying and laughter coming from the room. When the door was opened to investigate the noises immediately stopped and the room was empty.

Years later, the family decided to renovate the room. When they pulled up the carpet they discovered a tile floor. There was a sort of big mosaic-style design in the tile, taking up much of the floor. The design was sort of a cross set inside a circle and looked very occult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 pm 
Honui Moai

Ok I'm back for more.

As I was thinking about this thread last night, I recalled several other stories that I find interesting. Both stories are personal experiences of very good friends of mine. When they recounted them to me they were very serious and I have no reason to doubt the validity of their stories.

The first are events that surround my good friend Bryan. As a young lad Bryan was on a sleep over with a friend of his one night. Both boys were sleeping in a big bed in the boys room. In the middle of the night Bryan awoke to find two glowing red eyes staring at him from the edge of the bed. Of course Bryan described himself as being very scared and he was only able to reach over and hit his friend in the ribs in an attempt to wake him up. When his friend did wake up and observe the glowing red eyes, his friend said "that's only Herman...he won't hurt you". The friend then yelled "Herman go away" and with a flash the eyes were gone.
The next morning around the breakfast table, Bryan demanded an explaination of what had occured. The friend said that Herman always protected his mother, who was a single mom, and it seemed to follow her from place to place. In fact one evening while the mother was tending bar a drunken patron had started a fight and the mother found herself in the middle of the fight. As the drunk came close to hitting the mother an unseen force propelled the drunk across the bar and against the wall.

Bryan didn't remember giving Herman much thought after that initial meeting. Now, fast forward 15 years and Bryan was going through a divorce and needed a place to stay. The long time friend had a room available and Bryan moved in. After being there a week or two Bryan got up late one night to use the bathroom and to his amazement what did he see at the end of the hallway, but the same two glowing red eyes. He described them as being only 2 or 3 feet off the ground. This time Bryan took the initiative and yelled "Hermann go home" and the eyes disappeared.

A few days later the friends mother called and asked Bryan's friend if he had seen Herman lately. It seems she hadn't seem him in a few days and wondered if he had gotten lost somehow. They told her that he had been at their house.

Happy Halloween!

LDT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm 
Nounou Moai

This happened in the house I'm currently living in. I suspect that the woman who lived here may have died in the house. When I bought the house, the front door was boarded over since the fire dept. or paramedics had broken the door down to get in. I pieced together the story from what the neighbors and and electricians and plumbers etc. told me. The woman had become too weak to walk up the stairs, so she had been living on the first floor. She made corsets for a living.

A couple of years after I moved in I was upstairs in my bedroom, sitting on the bed. I very plainly heard the sound of someone wearing hard soled shoes slowly walking up the stairs. Immediately I thought that someone had broken in and was coming up the stairs to attack me. I knew it wasn't my cat because he was sitting on the bed next to me, and he obviously heard the same thing I did because his ears perked up and he looked scared, focused in the direction of the door. My heart was pounding. I reached for the steel pipe I was keeping near my bed for just such an event. "Hello!", I said, but there was no answer. The footsteps stopped. I yelled again, no answer. Slowly, I walked toward the bedroom door with steel pipe in hand, ready to swing. I carefully peered around the corner. Nothing was there. No more footsteps, no sound of someone running away, nothing. Heart still pounding, I walked through the rest of the house. Nothing was disturbed, the front door was still locked. I never found a good explanation for it.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I can smell breakfast cooking; bacon and eggs.

Sometimes my cat will look up quickly at something that I don't see, acting startled and scared. Then he runs out of the room as fast as he can.

Another time, I was lying in bed and heard my father yell at me from the bottom of the stairs. "Donnie!", I heard him say very plainly. No one else calls me Donnie, and his voice was very distinctive. It was so clear that I replied to him as if he were actually at the foot of the stairs. Of course he wasn't there. It took me a few seconds to realize that he couldn't possibly be there. He had just recently passed away.

-Don

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:45 am 
Tourist

Space Boy wrote:
Another time, I was lying in bed and heard my father yell at me from the bottom of the stairs. "Donnie!", I heard him say very plainly. No one else calls me Donnie, and his voice was very distinctive. It was so clear that I replied to him as if he were actually at the foot of the stairs. Of course he wasn't there. It took me a few seconds to realize that he couldn't possibly be there. He had just recently passed away. I was really pissed as a 4yr old can get. I really wanted to see him.

-Don

Reading stories like this and some of the others makes me think that sometimes our loved ones are just
trying to tell us "Hey i'm ok, you can go on with your life."

For example here's my story:

When I was 4 or 5 my grandfather on my mothers side passed away. (Pa as we called him.) I was very attached to him and my grandmother (Nana) as we lived in the same house, just upstairs. My parents still reside there to this day. They wouldn't let me go to the wake or the funeral. They told me I was too young. So I stayed with a neighbor friend of the family. I know I didn't understand what "death" was at that age, all I knew was, that Pa had died, and that they were going to see him one last time and I would never see him again. I was very sad and angry because of this. I was very pissed, about as mad as a 4yr old can get. I really wanted to go see him. I had felt like I was missing out on something.

Well a few weeks or even a month or 2 go by and I am playing downstairs. It's at night, my parents are upstairs. The middle bedroom is my uncle's which at the time lived in California. They kept it with his some of his things, so that when he came back to visit, he'd have a place to sleep etc..

I was playing in his room with the lights off. Now mind you, there's 2 doors in this room and both were open giving me just enough light to play. Well all of a sudden I look behind me to my left and there is my grandfather lying on the bed.
His eyes are closed, his hands are one on top each other on his chest. (You know how they set people up normally in a casket) He had a white shirt on a tie and dark trousers. I freaked out, and ran into the front room shouting "Pa's sleeping in Uncle Joey's bed". My Nana of course tried to calm me down and said well, let's see, we went in and turned on the light and he was gone. I remember feeling scared but happy and excited at the time. As I thought to myself, "oh he's not gone hes just been sleeping on Uncle Joey's bed." Then sad again once I found out he was gone. A couple things to keep in mind. I had never been to any wake or funeral or even had seen a dead body in a casket on TV at this point. So I would have no clue to what someone looked liked in that state. Like I said I thought he was sleeping. (To this day I still don't know what made me think to turn to look at the bed as I was playing in the opposite direction.) It also never made sense to me at the time why he would be lying there in my Uncle's room and not say in his bed or the chair he always sat in. The way I see it now, he was trying to tell me that he's fine, and yet at the same time, show me what I had missed by not being able to be at his wake/funeral.

I haven't seen him since, however since he's passed, the lights in the house turn themselves off. Separately, not the entire house mind you or even what's on that particular part of the breaker. Just the lights. They have had several electricians check the wiring and such and found nothing wrong. My mother said Pa was always very stern about turning lights off when you leave a room and that's exactly what will happen if you leave one on downstairs and leave the room for too long.

Want to hear some more?
LTD check this out!
Ok, My Uncle Herman passed when I was 7 years old. Again on my mothers side. He was in the mob, he ran some vending machines for them and even drove Al Capone's body back from the morgue to the funeral home. (No i'm not making this shit up.) He and my Aunt had a lake cottage up in Michigan.
One day several years after he had passed away she's out on the dock and she
notices a male figure in the upstairs bedroom window looking out at her. She goes in, checks the whole house, nothing.

Another time she had got out of the shower, the bathroom mirror was all steamed up and wrote across the top like with someone's finger was the word Love.

She swears it's just him, keeping a loving watchful eye on her. I believe her.

More about Al Capone:
My 8th grade teacher "Mr. Capone" was his nephew. Looked just like him. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:08 am 
Tourist

Oh more recently, I'll be changing my youngest son's diaper in our bedroom. I have an old dresser that is low that I converted into a changing table. So he's always in the same place/position. Once in a while he will point to the ceiling and say to me, "Look! Daddy! But he never says what he sees. I look, nothing. When he does point, it's to the exact same spot. There's no shadow, sun spot, mark, bug flying around nothing. He doesn't do that anywhere else in the house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:35 am 
Honui Moai

Even though this next incident wasn't ghost related it is none the less as scary.

I have a good friend named Jim. Jim is in his 60's and is part Osage Indian. Jim lives in the St. Louis area with his wife who is an archaeologist. Jim is one of those rare individuals who has a photographic memory. If he has seen it or heard it, he can recall exactly where and when. He has worked as a teacher and educator in various positions, but he know's history unlike anyone I have ever encountered.

One of Jim's annual activities is to travel to Pahuska Oklahoma to stay on the Osage Indian reservation and to stay with friends for several weeks (The Osage tribe once covered most of Missouri, northern Arkansas, western Kansas and eastern Oklahoma. They were a very powerful tribe and were known for having very strong warriors. The average Osage male was over 6 foot tall).

The Osage are decended from the Algonquin tribes of indians and thus many of there legends are similar. One such legend involves a horned water serpant or spirit that inhabits the underworld. The following incidents involve this same spirit.

While in Oklahoma, Jim was to stay with an older women of the tribe who had been a long time friend. According to Jim the women's house was one of the oldest on the reservation and others in the area told stories of strange things that had occured in the house.

The following description is exactly how Jim related his experience to me.

Jim had arrived and was shown to his bedroom for the night. He fell asleep, but was awoken in the middle of the night by the sounds of a drum beat. As He opened his eyes he could see the shadows of Osage dancers on the walls of the room as if iluminated by fire light. The dancers danced around the room and chanted in Osage to the sound of the drum beat. While lying in bed and watching this with amazement Jim became aware of movement below the bed on the floor. As he leaned over in bed he saw that the floor had turned to water and something was moving through the water across the room toward his bed. As Jim fell back into bed the creature rose from the water and towered over the bed. According to Jim the creature was a horned water spirit with a serpant like body and antlers on it's head. As the creature was rising up Jim said that it was also chanting in the Osage language and it's belly was covered in stars like the night sky. As it shook the water from it's back like an otter the mist formed a rainbow around the creature.

Now at this point Jim was no longer curious about what was happening and closed his eyes and yelled for the creature to go away. When he did so the creature disappeared and his room returned to normal. In the morning the old women asked Jim if he'd slept ok. Jim responded that he had a visitor and the women confirmed that she had also been visited by the spirit when sleeping in that room. Later during his stay Jim and the women attended a pow-wow, where many of the other tribe members greeted Jim and wanted to hear the story of the water spirit as the events had traveled very fast through the community.

LDT

Last edited by Mr. Lucy Diamond Tiki on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:04 pm 
Tourist

Awesome stories Folks!

I am a believer, always have been.
I have a couple to share with you.
I grew up on the Jersey Shore, my folks owned a Victorian B&B, over 100 years old when we bought it in the late 70's.
It was 2 3 storie "cottages" big ass mansions if you ask me. They were connected by what we called the long room, actually a breezeway... the front buiding was massive and we did not heat it in the winter so we closed it off, with a big steel fire door that slid into place... Now, there could possibly be rational explanations for a lot of this, but...
Every fall we would winterize the front building, basically seal it up... we (my step brother and I) would have to go over there from time to time to do work and what not an check doors, locks etc. My Stepdad was a stickler for turning out lights and at least 2 times a month he would come home from his real job ask us who left the lights on up in the 3rd floor of the front building. So we'd go over armed with hockey sticks (in case a homeless person? had busted in) and turn off the lights... the whole time having that being watched feeling.

The winter we moved in, my step dad and I found a huge 3'x5' portrait of a woman in Victorian Dress, which we assumed was Mrs. Wellington, the 1st owner of the business, so we hung it over the front desk, this was in Feb of '78. That April when we went over to start prepping the rooms and stuff, the portrait was on the floor, leaning against the wall, under where it was hung. Ok, it fell, except it was leaning face to the wall, not face out.
The place was called the Hewitt Wellington, Mrs. W had named it after her son, Hewitt. He was a cartoonist for the NY Times and New Yorker backin the 1800's . There was also a face, that appeared on the wall outside my baby brother's room, which at first we assumed he had drawn... looked like a pig face. Upon further investigation, my lil bro couldn't have done it, it was too high on the wall.

My wife's family also have had their share of weird stuff, as well.
They are from SW PA in the burbs of Pittsburgh. One night it was snowing and all the doors were locked and everyone was in bed, when the front door slammed open. My Father in Law jumped up, probably armed with a .357 and discovered the porch light on and the front door wide open, and no footprints in the snow outside.

My sister in law used to have the sheets yanked off her bed, fairly regularly and her feet grabbed.

After my In Laws retired, they bought 35 acres and an 1840's log home in WV. My mom in Law went upstairs into the old part of the cabin and saw an old woman rocking in her chair. A couple of weeks later a car pulled into the drive and a family got out, telling my In Laws that their grandmother was born in the house and they had heard someone had bought it and she would like to see what they had done to it. The Old woman got out of the car... it was the woman my Mother in Law had seen in the rocker.

Now, My House....
My wife sees, what she calls, The Dude, a guy, in what she thinks is a Confederate Uniform, who walks out of our spare bedroom, looks up and down the hall and walks into our bedroom. This usually happens when I am not home, out of town or what ever. She never feels scared by him, in fact she gets the feeling he is keeping an eye on her when I am away. I never see him, even when she has seen him, while home. My Sister in Law lived with us for a year or two and my wife never told her about The Dude, on day she asked what's with the guy in the hallway, seems he didn't like her very much and would torment her... Blow in her ear at night to keep her awake, tug at her shirt stuff like that. Our cats do get the willies from time to time and I have seen them freak out. When I am home alone, I get the being watched feeling.
The weird thing aboout the Dude is his clothing, gray civil war era uniform... Our part of South Carolina, had very little activity during the War of Northern Oppression, the only skirmish, I can find around us was about 10 miles away, of course... my land is in a developement, that was a large farm back in those days. Our House is only 32 years old.

My experiences at the house are different. Around 2 years ago, I started hearing a gunshot, a couple times a week, just as was laying down to sleep. At first, I assumed it was an auditory hallucination, but.. Last Winter, I realized I hadn't seen my backyard neighbors, Wayne and Janey in a long time... the summer before, I had some trouble with them letting their dogs roam the nieghborhood, unattended and getting into my trash. Now, we are talking the Emperor and Empress of White Trashistan here. So, Last February, I was bringing in some firewood, and I saw Janey's son working on their deck, so I went over and asked where they had been. I told him, I figured when Waynes company went out of business, he had retired and they went to the beach. He said, Mom went to the beach, but didn't I know what had happened to Wayne? I said no and he told me Wayne had shot himself in the driveway about a year back, right around the time, I started hearing the gunshots.

Hmmm....
I am an avid watcher of Ghosthunters and all that, keep the stories coming, I love them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:54 pm 
Honui Moai

I love Ghosthunters!
Jason Hawes has a book.
I've requested it from the library, but I haven't gotten it yet.

My stories are never as scary as others.
But, they are still fun to tell.

If you recall from an earlier story, I had a friend that passed when he was 28.
I got a box of his CDs and records to sell on ebay.
Right after the boxes arrival weird things started to happen.
I piled a stack of blank CD cases on a box.
On top of that stack was a sound effects CD.
These were all from my friends' box.
One day my wife are eating dinner and we start to share stories of weird things that were happening to us.
I was hearing noises and felt like I was being watched.
She told me that someone tucked her in one night.
As we were talking I heard the sound of a cassette or CD hitting the linoleum floor on the story above us.
Since our conversation was about scary stuff this startled us.
I ran upstairs to find one of the blank CD cases on the floor.
The blank CD cases were on the bottom, remember?
The CD pile was undisturbed.
The sound effects CD was still on top.
My friend was saying hello.

There was another time when I put the dogs away downstairs and started to go back upstairs when a hanger walked past me on the strairs.
Think slinky.
It was going down the stairs from 'shoulder to shoulder', if you will.
Each 'shoulder' of the hanger touching the next step.
Truly looking as if it were walking down the stairs.

The ghosts have never commented on the tikified basement.
Maybe they like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 pm 
Honui Moai

Dimethios wrote:
Oh more recently, I'll be changing my youngest son's diaper in our bedroom. I have an old dresser that is low that I converted into a changing table. So he's always in the same place/position. Once in a while he will point to the ceiling and say to me, "Look! Daddy! But he never says what he sees. I look, nothing. When he does point, it's to the exact same spot. There's no shadow, sun spot, mark, bug flying around nothing. He doesn't do that anywhere else in the house.

My son did that too. Would always stare and point to the closet. The house is new and I know nobody died in it or nothin' and neither my wife nor I has ever seen anything weird there. He eventually stopped doing that. I thought that might make you sleep easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 pm 
Honui Moai

I watched my dogs one time follow something flying through the air that wasn't there.
It looked like the dogs were following an airborne ping pong game.
Wacthing two dogs, in unison, follow nothing is quite odd to see.

My son hasn't seen anything yet.
He hasn't mentioned seeing anything either.

More stories, por favor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 pm 
Kere

Hi Fi Hijinx wrote:
I got a box of his CDs and records to sell on ebay.
Right after the boxes arrival weird things started to happen.

This reminded me of a great book that I read earlier this year, "Heart-Shaped Box" by Joe Hill. It's a really creepy story about an aging rock star who collects occult curios. He buys a dead man's suit on an Internet auction site and gets way more than he bargained for. It's easily the best book I've read this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Shaped-Box- ... 393&sr=8-1

Based on these here scary ghost tales, you all might enjoy it.

Joe Hill doesn't publicize the fact, but his dad is Stephen King.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:40 pm 
Lunamaka'ainana Kere

Personal Statement: I miss you Roger Danger
I have several stories to tell. Some I have told in person to some of you. The first story is not so much a ghost story although it scared me, Roger and a friend of mine
all witnessed in the mountains of CO. at around 1:00am...
We had just been in Cripple Creek gambling.( this was maybe just 2 years after they turned the town over into a gambling area)
Around 12:30 we decided we had better hit the road because were were camped on the other side of the mountains near the Canyon city .
We were still pretty near to Cripple Creek but once out of town there really wasn't much houses around. The moon was up but not full and there were no clouds. No lights along the road either. We had made the trip from Cripple creek to Canyon city many time, but never on this road. The police dept. told us this was a much shorter way to go.

We had seen some deer standing around here and there which is nothing unusual. We were all looking out the windows due to it being a new route for us.Suddenly this huge thing floated across the road just in front of us. All you heard in the car was the sucking in of our breath! and in unison, we all said, "wow! did you see that!" It disappeared as soon as it crossed the road, and to describe it as floating across the road isn't quite right, but it didn't move like a animal and it was too big to be a person. It was a very odd shaped thing that I still can't fully describe today. It wasn't a cloud either although that comes the closest to what it looked it.The thing glowed lightly as it crossed the road.
Even the men were frightened by what-ever-it-was and we were all relived when we finally got down out of the mountains and started seeing homes again. We tried to laugh it off as maybe it was a clump of fog...but we all knew it wasn't. It just didn't move right. To this day I do not have the words to explain how it moved and how it made us all feel when we saw it appear.....and then disappear.
Gives me the creeps just to think about it even still. I'll never forget the look on the guys faces...they were totally freaked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:46 pm 
Honui Moai

One of my other hobbies is living history. In recent years that has taken the form of Lewis & Clark era living history as well as mountain man & fur trade era programs. However I cut my teeth in Civil War reenacting begining in 1991. Our group was often called upon to take part in various film projects, but during the summer of 1992 I was fortunate to be part of the fliming of a movie based on the book the "Killer Angels". When the movie came out in theaters the next year they had changed the name to "Gettysburg".
I'm the one in the red shirt and black hat.

Our group along with several thousand reenactors took part in the filming of the Picketts Charge scene in and around Gettysburg, PA. Historically this was when Gen. Lee threw all he had in a last ditch effort to break the Union lines on the third day of the battle.

When we arrived to spend the week filming this one scene several things out of the ordinary began to happen.

The first events surround the two days of filming on the actual battle ground where this took place. Our "film army" was composed of over 3,000 reenactors, the largest group of soldiers on this ground since the actual battle. At one point during the filming of Picketts charge and upon reaching the point where we were to stop, all 3,000 reenactors broke out in a dead run screaming the rebel yell. The only thing that stopped our progress was a white plank fence along the Emmitsburg pike. This threw the National Park Service staff on hand into a total panic and frenzy because this was in breach of the contract that Turner pictures had signed with them. Little did we know, the area where we stood next to the fence was a Confederat mass grave with over 1,000 soldiers buried there.

While in camp several miles outside Gettysburg several odd things happened. One night one of our guys named JD woke up to see a red barn on an adjacent hill that hadn't been there during the day. While this would startle most people, on a movie set buildings are often erected overnight for the next days shooting, however around the barn he could see fires burning and soldiers throwing objects on the fire. It wasn't until the next day that we learned that our campsite was the site of a field hospital during the battle and there had been a red barn, outside of which the surgeons had burned the amputated limbs of the soldiers.

Also, ghostly church bells were heard to chime during the filming when none were present in town at the time.

There are many stories associated with Gettysburg and the battle. One such place on the battlefield is a place called the Triangluar field. The following video shows some unusal figures moving in the woods beyond the field. Follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxVjI9iyAeM

I'm not saying its ghost activity, but it is odd at how fast they are moving.

LDT

Last edited by Mr. Lucy Diamond Tiki on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:15 am 
Kere

I also love this stuff. o.k. heres my story, and it is true. cant remember my age at the time. maybe 10-12yrs. old. but, my mothers best friend since childhood, lived on the outskirts of town with her husband and two kids, who we would visit very regularly as family. old kinda split level with the bottom level being the garage/basement in back facing the woods. they would often speak of a ghost in the house and call her by name. things would come up missing to be returned a few days later. which I thought they were joking about, but seemed to be pretty common to them. well, I spent the night one weekend. and of course, my room had to be down the hall away from everyone else. the bedroom was in the back of the house above the garage facing the woods with one closed window. now came bedtime. so I settled in as everyone else did the same. I laid there kinda taking in the creepiness of being alone down the hall. now this was kinda scary, but I damn sure wasnt ready for what happened next. I was looking at the window, when all of a sudden bursted in through it silently, what seemed to be a softball sized ball of light or fire, OH MY GOD! i COULD HAVE SHIT! I was stunned frozen with fear, this thing floated through the closed window, past me, and made a right turn and went down the hall towards the inner house. I cant remember what happened after that except that I covered my head with the blankets in case it made a return visit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next