The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Release the gender fluids ."


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 70
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
I've been meaning to pop my head in since Hukilau 2017, one of the most enjoyable weeks I've spent anywhere. I have loved tiki and its enthusiasts since being introduced to the Tonga Room in the Fairmount by my Grandpa George 35 years ago.

I've amassed a collection of mugs, art, and rum that I'm proud of, but have embarked on what I hope to be proudest of soon. 3 partners and I are opening a tiki bar in Arlington, Texas this spring. It's called 4 Kahunas Tiki Lounge and I've had a blast working on the bar layout and decor, the menu, and everything else that's going into it!

It's been a ton of work, and there's much more ahead, but I look forward to being even more immersed in this world that I love. I hope to see lots of you at this year's Hukilau, and am going to do my best to make it to the Luau on the Lake, which also sounds like a can't-miss week.

-CP

Oh, and I FINALLY got a bottle of Plantation Overproof OFTD today, after looking all over for the past couple of months. Scotty at Dirty Dick in Paris gave me my first shot on a work trip, and I was hooked. Raising a glass to all of you, as I type...

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 am 
Offline
Kere
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 pm
Posts: 4407
Location: Gumbo Limbo Chapter, South Florida
Aloha and welcome!

_________________
Tiki and Geeky Fashions
http://www.fashiontramp.etsy.com
http://www.ealoli.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 403
Location: Bull City
Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Aloha!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Tetu Avahata
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 am
Posts: 7199
Location: 40:40:11N 73:56:38W
Personal Statement: I choose booze.
Aloha and welcome KCP! Glad you found our little internet island.

Sounds like you have a great project underway in Texas!

_________________
What happen here i can't understand. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Katy/Houston Texas
Personal Statement: www.thetikitexan.com
Aloha!

I'm in Katy/Houston. I'll have to venture up to 4 Kahunas Tiki Lounge. Keep us posted!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
Manawale'a Avahata
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:04 am
Posts: 7819
Personal Statement: Uptown funk you up
Welcome!

_________________
A toast to my friend Roger.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Washington, DC
Aloha & welcome! I'm told there's a (kinda informal) Tiki Tuesday thing somewhere in Baltimore, but I haven't made it up to check it out yet. Heard about it from some Balto folks who make the trip down to Tiki Thirstday @ House of Foong Lin in Bethesda every other month or so. We've got a respectable variety of tiki bars here in DC now--with 2 more scheduled to open this spring--so come on down & we'll show you around!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Personal Statement: Just call me Surly
Aloooooooha!!!!! Make yourself a drink at the bar, but please mind the goat as he's a bit on edge today...

_________________
Image

FOM MC

Rako Motu Nui

ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am
Posts: 179
KahunaCP wrote:
I've been meaning to pop my head in since Hukilau 2017, one of the most enjoyable weeks I've spent anywhere. I have loved tiki and its enthusiasts since being introduced to the Tonga Room in the Fairmount by my Grandpa George 35 years ago.

I've amassed a collection of mugs, art, and rum that I'm proud of, but have embarked on what I hope to be proudest of soon. 3 partners and I are opening a tiki bar in Arlington, Texas this spring. It's called 4 Kahunas Tiki Lounge and I've had a blast working on the bar layout and decor, the menu, and everything else that's going into it!

It's been a ton of work, and there's much more ahead, but I look forward to being even more immersed in this world that I love. I hope to see lots of you at this year's Hukilau, and am going to do my best to make it to the Luau on the Lake, which also sounds like a can't-miss week.

-CP

Oh, and I FINALLY got a bottle of Plantation Overproof OFTD today, after looking all over for the past couple of months. Scotty at Dirty Dick in Paris gave me my first shot on a work trip, and I was hooked. Raising a glass to all of you, as I type...
aloha! welcome and contrats for this wonderful project. If I'm ever in the area, I'll visit your bar for sure! :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 70
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
kai ahe wrote:
Aloha & welcome! I'm told there's a (kinda informal) Tiki Tuesday thing somewhere in Baltimore, but I haven't made it up to check it out yet. Heard about it from some Balto folks who make the trip down to Tiki Thirstday @ House of Foong Lin in Bethesda every other month or so. We've got a respectable variety of tiki bars here in DC now--with 2 more scheduled to open this spring--so come on down & we'll show you around!


I only make it to the Bethesda gathering every month or two, but have rarely had so much fun. It's a great event, I'm so glad they found me!

I think I'm going to hit Archipelago on my way to a party tonight, as part of my "Go to DC more often" goal...

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
Avai Rona
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 4624
Location: Depends on what day it is.
Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Next time I’m in Dallas (Euless) I’ll have to look your bar up. Probably Jan 2019 the way it looks right now.
OFTD makes an interesting Mai-Tai too.

_________________
Procrastination means you are free today and always have a project for tomorrow.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 909
Location: 2698 Mi. West of the Mai Kai...Damn
Personal Statement: Support SPAM!
Welcome!

_________________
OK, I'll give you one chance to impress me.......


Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 70
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
the mighty OZ wrote:
Next time I’m in Dallas (Euless) I’ll have to look your bar up. Probably Jan 2019 the way it looks right now.
OFTD makes an interesting Mai-Tai too.


Plantation OFTD is good in everything. I wish it were a little easier to come by out here, I’m going to have to stockpile some. I took a bottle of Diplomatico Reserva to a party last night, as I enjoy that for sipping. The host made an updated Black Magic from the Mai Kai that was killer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm
Posts: 609
Location: Washington, DC
Great to hang with you @ House of Foong Lin last Tiki Thirstday! Just fyi, PoliTiki just reopened in DC last Friday and you can get OFTD @ Total Wine in Laurel. Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 1577
Location: Xalapa, VER (México)
Personal Statement: Sleeps in hollow logs
Aloha and welcome, and let me just compliment you on your taste in rum, OFTD certainly lives up to its name!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:49 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Norwich, CT
Aloha!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha, friends!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 70
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
kai ahe wrote:
Great to hang with you @ House of Foong Lin last Tiki Thirstday! Just fyi, PoliTiki just reopened in DC last Friday and you can get OFTD @ Total Wine in Laurel. Cheers!


Thanks for the heads up! Wine World in Towson finally had a couple of bottles that I snagged, too. I then tried to hit PoliTiki and Archipelago on Saturday, but traffic bested me...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mollye Menehune, z~Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr