The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"And then there's me - practically perfect in every way."


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Palapas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:28 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So we hoisted a palapa on our back patio. Then I started reading that birds sometimes like to nest in them. Anyone have any experiences/warnings they might like to share?

_________________
My mother told me to pick YOUUUUUU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Palapas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:38 pm
Posts: 37
Polly Nesia wrote:
So we hoisted a palapa on our back patio. Then I started reading that birds sometimes like to nest in them. Anyone have any experiences/warnings they might like to share?


we have a few outdoor palapas at one of my jobs. no nesting occurs.. and holds up quite well even in our indiana weather.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Palapas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
AlohaEric wrote:
Polly Nesia wrote:
So we hoisted a palapa on our back patio. Then I started reading that birds sometimes like to nest in them. Anyone have any experiences/warnings they might like to share?


we have a few outdoor palapas at one of my jobs. no nesting occurs.. and holds up quite well even in our indiana weather.


Thanks! Good to know. Yeah, I'm concerned about our winters...am thinking about tarping or removing completely when it's really bad out there.

_________________
My mother told me to pick YOUUUUUU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Palapas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:12 am
Posts: 74
Location: Burlington, VT
Personal Statement: what? no uncomfortable silence?
maybe get a kitty cat? I heard they hate mices to pieces and aren't too fond of birds either. That or one of those owl's with a motorized head.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J24R26/re ... R265092157

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Palapas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Primo Kimo wrote:
maybe get a kitty cat? I heard they hate mices to pieces and aren't too fond of birds either. That or one of those owl's with a motorized head.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J24R26/re ... R265092157


Me likey the owl idea and it'll go with our eclectic vibe back there! Thanks :o

_________________
My mother told me to pick YOUUUUUU!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr