The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Where's the napalm when you need it?"

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 am 
Tourist

Aloha,
have an intent to join the Fraternal Order of the Moai. If I may request a meeting with any Fellows in the Washington DC area for tonight or the following weekend (July 13-16, 2017). Thank you!
Also, I live in N.C. and would love to find the closest Chapter.
Citrus Blossom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:47 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: God Bless Trader Vic
CitrusBlossom wrote:
Aloha,
have an intent to join the Fraternal Order of the Moai. If I may request a meeting with any Fellows in the Washington DC area for tonight or the following weekend (July 13-16, 2017). Thank you!
Also, I live in N.C. and would love to find the closest Chapter.
Citrus Blossom

Aloha, CitrusBlossom!
Welcome to the Port, we're glad you've found us.

As for meeting up over the next couple of days in DC, your timing is perfect. A couple of us Fellows and a bunch of DC Tiki people will be gathering tonight (July 13) for Tiki Thirstday, a weekly meet up at House of Foong Lin, 4613 Willow Lane, Bethesda, MD from 5 pm to about 10 pm. $6 Tiki drinks (incl a great Mai Tai '44) and Exotica music all night. If you are staying in DC itself, it is a short Metro ride to the Bethesda station and the restaurant is only 2.5 blocks from the Metro. Grab your Aloha wear and come on down tonight! If you need some help getting there, drop me a line at TikiThirstday@gmail.com we'd be glad to give you a hand.

As for a nearest chapter to where you live, here's a link to our current chapters http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/chapters.html
My guess is the closest, at the moment, is the Tongariki Chapter in the Atlanta area. http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/cha ... ariki.html
A great group of Fellows and they have the good fortune to have a Trader Vic's right in their backyard. It is definitely worth the road trip

In the meantime, tell us a little more about yourself and how you found out about us. It's great to hear from new people.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:19 am 
Tourist

Thank you, JJTiki!

I am a lovely Blossom hailing from the Island of Corfu and Peninsula de la Florida. As the left hand counterpart to Jol'a, my quest is to initiate conch shelling between our pirvate islands. He will submit his own intent before the great fire in the sky makes peace with the roller of the tides.
We are excited to grab MaiTai's and Zombies with the crew tonight at the Foong Lin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:03 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: Hit it on the one.
By all means, come out and meet the Thursday night crowd, both the FOM members and those of us who have yet to follow the path. I can vouch for the Mai Tais. They're wonderful.

ImageImageImageImageImage

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” —Dean Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:09 pm 
Honui Moai

CitrusBlossom wrote:
Thank you, JJTiki!
I am a lovely Blossom hailing from the Island of Corfu and Peninsula de la Florida. As the left hand counterpart to Jol'a, my quest is to initiate conch shelling between our pirvate islands. He will submit his own intent before the great fire in the sky makes peace with the roller of the tides.
We are excited to grab MaiTai's and Zombies with the crew tonight at the Foong Lin.

Great we'll light the torches (literally) for you tonight.

And I may have gotten which chapter is closest to you wrong. Because of the mention of Ft. Bragg, I thought you were in North Carolina. If you are Florida folk, we do have one of our largest and most active Chapters down your way... the Gumbo Limbo. And the Gumbo Limbo have the grand Temple of Tiki, the Mai-Kai in their backyard. When you get back to your home waters, look them up! http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/cha ... limbo.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:23 pm 
Tourist

The Atlanta chapter is the closest. We are near Pinehurst. Thank you for lighting the torches! I have lived in Florida for 26 years and and life lately is taking me up the coast with a 2 year pit stop in Atlanta before NC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 pm 
Fellow Moai

Aloha, CitrusBlossom--looking forward to meeting you @ House of Foong Lin tonight!!! And if you travel sans tiki apparel, fear not--we've got an assortment of (just cleaned!) aloha shirts hanging on the loaner rack.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 pm 
Fellow Moai

Aloha and welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Aloha & welcome! I am in Durham, NC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: Hit it on the one.
A lovely blossom, indeed. 'Twas truly wonderful meeting you. I do hope you guys land up this way eventually. If not, you know where to find us.

ImageImageImageImageImage

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” —Dean Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 pm 
Tourist

Thank you to JJ and Peter for the delightful welcome tonight at the Foong Lin! I am looking forward to many great tiki adventures!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:18 am 
Honui Moai

So glad you could make it. Now you know how to avoid the trap of DC's $15 Mai Tais - skip all those pricy craft cocktail bars and go to House of Foong Lin!

Mahalos to you both for coming, it was great to meet you and share our Aloha with you for the evening. We always have a good time, but you two were the mint in our Mai Tais last Thirstday. You are very welcome anytime.

Best of luck in your path ahead. :fez:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 am 
Tourist

Ok what does Pie and No pie mean on the side of our leaderboard?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Ouch!
There is always pie when you are here.

Sent from somewhere exotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:36 pm 
Fellow Moai

Great to have you, Jol'a & your local friends join us last Thursday!