The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"It's like they want to be Motley Crue but lack the talent, songwriting ability and good taste."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:29 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: I'm pro-metric.
If you haven't heard of Spoonflower, it's an awesome website where you can have fabric custom-printed or choose from a plethora of patterns and have that print on the fabric of your choice. There are some awesome tiki fabrics on there.

Anyways, every week, Spoonflower has a design challenge, where artists submit a design based on a theme. The past few weeks' design challenges have had a "Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort" theme. Apparently, whoever is the winner gets a free trip to the Hilton Hawaiian resort. The past 2 weeks' designs have been pretty good. But this week's theme is "Blue Hawaii" with most of the submittals being cocktail / tiki themed. Many of the submitted prints are quite amazing. This one is my favorite, I think - https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/6507 ... -pinkowlet.

See more of the designs here: https://www.spoonflower.com/contests/bl ... ach-resort

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 pm 
Honui Moai

Thanks for the heads up! I wish I had more time to enter, this is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the finalists.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Nice! Spoonflower has some great designs/designers. Coincidentally, they are also about a mile from my house. Their printing method is very eco-friendly and they offer quite a few fabric choices including organically grown cottons. They are a bit on the pricey side but their customer service is great and you can have your own designs printed. I've used their fabrics many times for custom orders and my own items.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:50 pm 
Matu'u

Personal Statement: Conch ceviche.
We're big fans of Spoonflower, we use them to print official Moai fabrics since that tends to be small runs.

-Rev