The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Doug is the FOM version of Dr. Manhattan."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:11 pm 
Tourist

in less than two weeks// the PERSISTENCE OF SURF MUSIC two day festival featuring instrumental surf and wonderful talent

[url][URL=http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/donschott/media/psd%20poster%20RAIDERS%20POSM%202B_zps0qt81fur.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:55 pm 
Honui Moai

Looks like an amazing time. I would love to attend, but not this year. I hope they can do it again and the event is successful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:04 am 
Tourist

tikisurfin wrote:
Looks like an amazing time. I would love to attend, but not this year. I hope they can do it again and the event is successful.

Beth and I have been producing instrumental music events for going on ten years. I expect we will continue the series. We do about three a year and it also depends on what else is competing. In August we fly off to Los Angeles area for the SG101 Convention tenth year surf band marathon. We hope to continue as long as there is interest but it sure would be nice to see a lot of FOM music enthusiasts attend as we are still rather grass roots. We don't get the same talent every time. This is the first time for John Blair (of Jon and the Night Riders) with Ivan Pongracic (Cossacks and MADEIRA)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 am 
Chapter Tohunga

eyedonschott@cinci.rr.com wrote:
We hope to continue as long as there is interest but it sure would be nice to see a lot of FOM music enthusiasts attend as we are still rather grass roots.

Looks like a great lineup, but unfortunately for most of us FOM folks it conflicts with this other event called Ohana. Hopefully the next event will fall at a better spot on the calendar.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am 
Tourist

kingdong wrote:
Looks like a great lineup, but unfortunately for most of us FOM folks it conflicts with this other event called Ohana. Hopefully the next event will fall at a better spot on the calendar.

Yup, I'm aware of that. This is just an alternative "to do" .
Beth and I were fortunate to be at last year's OHANA by the Lake . We vended there and we liked the event a lot. Give my regards to Mike and Sandy and Fred and the rest of the NINTH WAVE for me. "How can you be in two places at once when your not anywhere at all?"

Maybe someday one of my bands will be invited to play there. It was a bunch of fun and now great memories.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm 
Fellow Moai

Dang. Were it not for Ohana, (Happy Ohana Week, everyone!) I'd be at this in a heartbeat. I need an excuse to get back to Cinci - and the inevitable quick hop across the river to Party Source. Good luck with the event! Hopefully I can get over there next year!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:05 pm 
Tourist

Dublar wrote:
Dang. Were it not for Ohana, (Happy Ohana Week, everyone!) I'd be at this in a heartbeat. I need an excuse to get back to Cinci - and the inevitable quick hop across the river to Party Source. Good luck with the event! Hopefully I can get over there next year!

Aloha Dublar et all:
Next year may be the next time we do this. Don't know as we may yet do another this year but probably not as I will have to concentrate on getting a recording out and find new band mates for my current group Grateful Surf has four more scheduled performances (two are included this weekend) before disbanding for I don't know how long.

So, how this wound up being in the same week as OHANA on the Lake is that Ivan called me last December and asked if I would book them for the date 23June. Then I realized I shot myself in the foot proverbially. This is our first two day mini festival. Now we do about 3 - 4 PERSISTENCE OF SURF MUSIC events a year.

Found out I shot myself in the foot again when I realized the MAKAHIKI in Indy was on one of the dates Beth and I will be in Puerto Rico. Well, next year I will watch that closer.

So, guess what I'm saying is that "they can happen at any time but usually with plenty of warning". The MALADROITS are having a reunion concert while we are away in September as well. Can't go see my guitarists former band and the longest running surf band of Cincinnati.

Would you want me to find out when that is? I will check with them on it.