The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Rain was par for the course in the early days.. but usually it led to some killer burnouts.."


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Southern California
I spent Saturday, with the missus, in Palm Springs. While there, we visited the Reef bar inside the Caliente Tropic Resort. Among rum drinks, I mixed in a plate of Loco Moco and it was delicious! I recommend it. I'll be back there in two weeks for Tiki Caliente 10. Look for me and say aloha.

Cheers

FLIP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Bull City
Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
FLIP wrote:
I spent Saturday, with the missus, in Palm Springs. While there, we visited the Reef bar inside the Caliente Tropic Resort. Among rum drinks, I mixed in a plate of Loco Moco and it was delicious! I recommend it. I'll be back there in two weeks for Tiki Caliente 10. Look for me and say aloha.

Cheers

FLIP


Nice! ZsaZsaRumwhore and I had it when we were there last fall for Circa Caliente. Super delicious!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Isle of Style (Alameda,CA)
Personal Statement: Hakuna matata ♩♬♩
Best Loco Moco I've had was at Longitude.

Trader Vic's in Emeryville has put it on their brunch menu recently. It's not bad.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 10409
Location: Tungane: Austin, TX
Personal Statement: Alohowdy!
Skillbilly wrote:
Trader Vic's in Emeryville has put it on their brunch menu recently. It's not bad.


If you ask nicely they will do a pork belly version for you.

_________________
Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
Initiate Moai Ra'e

Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:48 am
Posts: 29
rocketbetty wrote:
FLIP wrote:
I spent Saturday, with the missus, in Palm Springs. While there, we visited the Reef bar inside the Caliente Tropic Resort. Among rum drinks, I mixed in a plate of Loco Moco and it was delicious! I recommend it. I'll be back there in two weeks for Tiki Caliente 10. Look for me and say aloha.

Cheers

FLIP


Nice! ZsaZsaRumwhore and I had it when we were there last fall for Circa Caliente. Super delicious!


Now all I want is Loco Moco for lunch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Southern California
Speaking of Trader Vic's Emeryville...They just added Sapporo Premium to their beer selection. Have one in between Mai Tai's, please.

Kampai!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
Matu'u
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 19814
Location: Queequeg Chapter (NH)
Personal Statement: Conch ceviche.
FLIP wrote:
Speaking of Trader Vic's Emeryville...They just added Sapporo Premium to their beer selection. Have one in between Mai Tai's, please.

Duly noted and I will act on that when I wander by there next Friday.

-Rev

_________________
To taua na Moai!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am
Posts: 42
Location: Baltimore, MD
Personal Statement: I do what I want!
FLIP wrote:
I spent Saturday, with the missus, in Palm Springs. While there, we visited the Reef bar inside the Caliente Tropic Resort. Among rum drinks, I mixed in a plate of Loco Moco and it was delicious! I recommend it. I'll be back there in two weeks for Tiki Caliente 10. Look for me and say aloha.

Cheers

FLIP

YUM! It's been ages since I had a good Loco Moco, I really just need to make my own until I get back to California. We had a late night snack at the Reef a couple of months ago, and thought that the food was tasty even BEFORE the drinks. Have fun at Tiki Caliente, I'm jealous.

_________________
KahunaCP (1/4 of the 4 Kahunas)
Baltimore-ish, MD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 909
Location: 2698 Mi. West of the Mai Kai...Damn
Personal Statement: Support SPAM!
FLIP wrote:
I'll be back there in two weeks for Tiki Caliente 10. Look for me and say aloha.

Cheers

FLIP


Kiana and I will be there look for the FOM banner in the window Room 104!

_________________
OK, I'll give you one chance to impress me.......


Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 1560
Location: Xalapa, VER (México)
Personal Statement: Sleeps in hollow logs
I hate to say it, but that dish would never fly here. Sadly, its name translates to crazy snot. I don't think there's much you can do to sell a dish called crazy snot. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Boston's Burbs
Personal Statement: Tiki?
The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
I hate to say it, but that dish would never fly here. Sadly, its name translates to crazy snot. I don't think there's much you can do to sell a dish called crazy snot. :roll:

The Chevy Nova effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am
Posts: 26
Location: Tampa, FL
Just found a place near me that makes this but I'm thinking about giving this a go at home.



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

_________________
-Matty Rum Buckets-
Denizen of the Island of Tampa, distinguished ruffian, drinker of Mai Tai made by others.

"There is nothing that rum and sarcasm cannot fix" - Me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Posts: 25
Location: akronohio
Personal Statement: why not?
Grass Skirt in Columbus does a decent loco moco for Sat - Sun brunch, but the best was in Hawaii!! Sigh....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
polytiki
[url]tikiunderground.com[/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:44 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Columbus, OH
Personal Statement: Unusually Creative
Desperate for an Eggs ‘n Things in Columbus!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm
Posts: 1553
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Yes. Always. Always loco moco!

If you're on Oahu, go to Pancakes & Waffles! Their Loco Moco & Chicken & Waffles are amaaaaazing!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:32 am
Posts: 178
mmm! now I want some! lol
We're going to Oahu in october so we'll definitely check out Pancakes & Waffles :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm
Posts: 1553
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
AtomicBettie wrote:
mmm! now I want some! lol
We're going to Oahu in october so we'll definitely check out Pancakes & Waffles :D



Did I not send you the thing? Are you going the same time as Bob6 and WendyWahine?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Personal Statement: Just call me Surly
Lucky wrote:
Yes. Always. Always loco moco!

If you're on Oahu, go to Pancakes & Waffles! Their Loco Moco & Chicken & Waffles are amaaaaazing!


Good to know! Might be making our way there and Kauai as well in late January 2019. Still trying to figure it out. Always looking for suggestions for stuff to do there.

_________________
Image

FOM MC

Rako Motu Nui

ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm
Posts: 1553
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Rev_Dan wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Yes. Always. Always loco moco!

If you're on Oahu, go to Pancakes & Waffles! Their Loco Moco & Chicken & Waffles are amaaaaazing!


Good to know! Might be making our way there and Kauai as well in late January 2019. Still trying to figure it out. Always looking for suggestions for stuff to do there.



I hope you do, sir. After the last few years, you could use somewhere to truly relax, find some peace, enjoy yourself in paradise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Loco Moco, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Personal Statement: Just call me Surly
Lucky wrote:
Rev_Dan wrote:
Lucky wrote:
Yes. Always. Always loco moco!

If you're on Oahu, go to Pancakes & Waffles! Their Loco Moco & Chicken & Waffles are amaaaaazing!


Good to know! Might be making our way there and Kauai as well in late January 2019. Still trying to figure it out. Always looking for suggestions for stuff to do there.



I hope you do, sir. After the last few years, you could use somewhere to truly relax, find some peace, enjoy yourself in paradise.


Amen to that :)

_________________
Image

FOM MC

Rako Motu Nui

ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: z~Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr