The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"You mean you can fit your whole arm in there and make her talk?"

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

did I meet you perhaps?
Poll runs till Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 am
yes 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
no 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
soon... 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Im the goat 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 am 
Tourist

Aloha all,

I'm not very computer savvy...yet here I am … it's almost magic...and it did also take me awhile. Thank you to those who have been so helpful! Now please Tread with me as I hunt and peck the keys here and figure out what I am doing, or what you are doing as a fun group collectively... allow me some words of introduction and intention.

I am Jes to those that have met me. Voodoo Jes was a moniker given to me by friends to discern me from all the other world's Jessicas. There can NOT be only one Jessica apparently. I come from New England (not the old one)in Western MA, 25mins west of "woostah". I think this drops me into the QueeQuegs chapter- potentially...a whale of a reference btw.

When I was a little girl ("with rich relatives" as the NY TIKI Lodge Chief Jimmy might jokingly say) I was blessed with the ability and afforded lots of travel with my big family -that had also traveled to distant places- returning home to share stories, pictures, and treasures. This captivated my attention! I began my love interest of island living after my very first coconut kiss, what tiki lust must start as, fresh out of a palm climbers hands. As I grew older, (an annoying and slow process), I made time for more road travel and various island trips', investing in learning history in all places I visit. I have researched many different cultures and trade routes... obviously trying to learn more about those highly recommended drink recipes too. Where has all that rhum/rum gone indeed?!

What makes me?
I love long walks on short piers, dredging the beach sands of life, and partying with friends... yeah yeah cliché, but this is an internet forum and you asked me to share with the group. Seriously though... My interests are so ranged, they really do not define me. Come to think of it, I've worn many hats professionally. Pirates aside... I do have a home bar. I used to bartend professionally. I once was a pastry chef and bougie caterer. Currently, I meddle with and deal in antiquities a few times a year. I mainly function as a full time tattoo artist. I teach pinup and era correct modeling. I perform with fire fans. I dig music in all categories. I love history and art. I paint, bmx, fish, build, weld, wrench, sweat, dance, wash, rinse, and repeat. I am eventually starting a velvet painting museum ( RIP VELVETERIA) and have been known to hoard pinball machines. I love things with intention and purpose. I stink at guessing games or trivia. I loathe gossip and drama. My memory sucks... I forget about names but not faces. Please make faces at me. It's hilarious. Especially if I've forgotten your name. Where am I again?

Ah yes, which brings me here. I prefer to participate in active charities. I like to be helpful. I enjoy participating and being invited to be involved. I am also extremely busy with my interests. I help host events. I help with a killer series of classic car events. (Shameless plugs by request.) I reach out to help with other charitable causes because we simply SHOULD do more good in this great world. Charity work helps me sleep great at night unlike a self induced rum coma, more on that later...ahem... You aren't asleep reading this, I hope...Hey, cheers.. if you are!

I am interested in officially joining the FOM. I believe in the positive effects of charitable work. What I have seen as far as actions from other members... has been nothing short of fun, dedicated, and in good health over the many years attending Luau at the Lake as well as privately hanging out with some of you...I only manage 2 or 3 vacations a year. Ohana has been a permanent choice. Not a brown nose star for me, I'll make mistakes and have no idea If I'm even attempting this correctly. However, I would like to have a sponsor and I read that I require one. I have also read a warning on here about some goat that bites, which actually doesn't scare me. Is my sponsor going to be a goat?! Is this request-able? I really do love goats a whole bunch actually... I love a lot of things. Tiki is merely one of those common threads that ties into much of it. BTW, Can I meet this goat or did I already?? I digress. I commend you all in the good that has been done thus far. I truly hope to carry that torch light forward and offer up my support.
Sincerely and wholeheartedly, Thank you for consideration. Please feel free to tell me moai about what's next.

I look forward to meeting more of you soon. Come what may!
With best intentions. Greetings and Mahalo!
Voodoo Jes

May your drinks be stronger than the wind from your pants, May your fruits be ripe and without ants, may your time be spent laughing and sailing away, and tomorrow... may the headaches stay at bay. One more drink, cheers my friend, lets meet real soon and do it again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am 
Hoa Manu

Personal Statement: 2 seconds?!?!?!?
Welcome! Welcome!

And good luck with the goat. It only bites if you ask nicely.

And we did meet. I was the one you talked to at the A&W on Saturday. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 am 
Tourist

Personal Statement: "I drank what?"
Welcome aboard!

“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am 
Tourist

Personal Statement: always tikitime somewhere
Aloha and welcome! It’s great to see another potential Initiate Moai Ra’e. I too have recently declared my intent and hope to become a member of the FOM.

I’m wondering if the current few of us who have recently declared intent should start a support thread? Something to help us find sponsors and events close to each of us?

I know that in the past few weeks more than a couple potential new members have posted intent. If this refers to you, chime in!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:10 am 
Manawale'a Avahata

Personal Statement: Uptown funk you up
Welcome! So nice to chat with you in the pre-dance phase. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:04 pm 
Tourist

Personal Statement: Tiki?
Anyone who doles out Smarties is OK in my book!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:29 pm 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Ouch!
Aloha!

Smarties and a lack of aversion to goat interactions bodes well for assimilation with the Queequeg commonwealth of individuals who may or may not have ambition of galactic conquest.

Sent from somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm 
Manawale'a Motuha

Alooooooooha!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 pm 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Hi V00d00JES! We met my first year at Ohana: Luau at the Lake. I think that was 5 or 6 years ago. I only knew a handful of people and we chatted at the pool. You were kind and friendly and made me feel welcome. Thank you so very much.

Flash forward to this year..... You killed it with the mystery bowl dance. I heard from numerous people how they loved your dance!

(Insider information about to be spilled....) While serving as a backstage mystery dance kitten (aka assistant/helper/whatever-you-need/Gal-Friday) I can attest to the fact that while you had a VERY last minute change of plan, due to circumstances beyond your control, you pulled it off without anyone knowing! You handled that like the boss lady you are!!! Woo hoo!!! And....on behalf of all the Moai, thank you for the mystery dance. You helped us raise sooooooo much money!

Super duper stoked that you have decided to take on the goat....er....decided to pledge to become a Moai. Best of luck in your trials!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm 
Tourist

Personal Statement: "I drank what?"
also, I might be the goat.

“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 pm 
Tourist

Dr. McTiki wrote:
Aloha and welcome! It’s great to see another potential Initiate Moai Ra’e. I too have recently declared my intent and hope to become a member of the FOM.

I’m wondering if the current few of us who have recently declared intent should start a support thread? Something to help us find sponsors and events close to each of us?

I know that in the past few weeks more than a couple potential new members have posted intent. If this refers to you, chime in!

I second this! We should definitely start a thread for sponsorship

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 am 
Avai Rona

Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Aloha and Welcome!!!

Goat??? What goat???

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 pm 
Fellow Moai

Aloha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:34 pm 
Chapter Tohunga

Personal Statement: Taog eht
Aloha friend! Glad to see you here!

"Taog Eht."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:30 am 
Honui Moai

Aloha, and Welcome. Thanks for sharing, so many places, events, people and stories. Thank you for presenting the Mystery Bowl "Shell", I was surprised and ...then I was very surprised. I like the "behind logistics of Ohana", not so much the spot light. You'll find many friends here, some with tiki names and others with stories. The Queequeg chapter is closer than you could imagine.

ImageImageImageImage