The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

Houston... The Eagle has landed.


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
Here is my Great Dale House Car

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 6293
Location: Deep down the rabbit hole
Personal Statement: Ouch!
Holy Cow! That's rad!

_________________
FOM MC original
ImageImageImageImageImage
Excrementus Cadaemus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
Hoa Aga
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:27 am
Posts: 1592
Location: Land o' Lincoln
Personal Statement: 4LokoCocoLocoMocoSoco!
WOW!!!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

According to my boo, I’m a “hard cool asshole”!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
Nounou Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 24063
Location: Kahikiville, OH-iO
Personal Statement: One!... Two!... FIVE!
HOT DAMN! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

_________________
A toast to my friend Roger.
ImageImageImageImage
everyone eats pork™


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Atlanta, GA
Personal Statement: Mai hopohopo
Love the hood scoops!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

_________________
Not one shred of available evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
Tetu Avahata
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 am
Posts: 7294
Location: 40:40:11N 73:56:38W
Personal Statement: I choose booze.
so cool!

more pics!

_________________
What happen here i can't understand. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
You can get the entire history at http://greatdalehousecar.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
I updated the site to give a better introduction instead of the old one which was just a series of blog posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:34 am
Posts: 937
Location: Beyond The Sun
Personal Statement: Liiiighten up, Francis...
Can I be your friend? Can I go for a ride? Can I borrow it this weekend?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
yes, yes, no :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am
Posts: 62
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Personal Statement: Cool, cool.
WersTiki formerly known as Chrisw wrote:
You can get the entire history at http://greatdalehousecar.com/


Just wicked cool and thanks for the history link... what do you use the ball hitch on the front for?

_________________
The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.
- Pirsig


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:35 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
Jax2A wrote:
WersTiki formerly known as Chrisw wrote:
You can get the entire history at http://greatdalehousecar.com/


Just wicked cool and thanks for the history link... what do you use the ball hitch on the front for?


I didn't know what it was used for originally, but I liked it so it was re-chromed with the bumper. My friends used to joke it was for towing when it broke down.

Now we figure that it was used to put a boat in the water so you could see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am
Posts: 62
Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Personal Statement: Cool, cool.
WersTiki formerly known as Chrisw wrote:
Jax2A wrote:
WersTiki formerly known as Chrisw wrote:
You can get the entire history at http://greatdalehousecar.com/


Just wicked cool and thanks for the history link... what do you use the ball hitch on the front for?


I didn't know what it was used for originally, but I liked it so it was re-chromed with the bumper. My friends used to joke it was for towing when it broke down.

Now we figure that it was used to put a boat in the water so you could see.


Oh, didn't notice it in the before picture... does it have one on the rear too? It could be for a boat or other trailer for that matter. My dad kept one on the front of his tractors and I ran one on the front of an old Jeep. A lot easier to maneuver a trailer in tight spaces that way than backing one in...

Regardless, I love your house-car, ultra cool and your updates/mods are extremely tasteful and compliment the original design very well.

_________________
The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.
- Pirsig


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
It had a hitch on the back and I had it beefed up to handle the storage pod. The guy I bought it from mentioned that he used to pull a boat with it.

Jax2A wrote:
Oh, didn't notice it in the before picture... does it have one on the rear too? It could be for a boat or other trailer for that matter. My dad kept one on the front of his tractors and I ran one on the front of an old Jeep. A lot easier to maneuver a trailer in tight spaces that way than backing one in...

Regardless, I love your house-car, ultra cool and your updates/mods are extremely tasteful and compliment the original design very well.



Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
Almost finished the Swamp Cooler disguise.

Image

More Palms on the top?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 am 
Offline
Chapter Tohunga
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:09 am
Posts: 1894
Location: Kon-Tiki Chapter Dayton, Ohio
Crazy cool, I didn't know these things were even a thing, thanks for posting!

_________________
The happy hours of a man's life are spent creating something.

ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 673
Location: Bull City
Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
These are crazy cool! Thanks for the photos and the updates.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
The Forney Museum of Transportation is showing the Great Dale in Denver until March 31, 2019, along with some other amazing trailers built by some friends.

Also, our friend decided to try his hand a tiki carving and this is what he produced on the first try.

The first Great Dale House Car tiki.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:28 am 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:48 am
Posts: 1
the caravan looks damn amazing and comfortable and reliable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:16 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Livonia, MI
Personal Statement: Everyone loves boobs!
I'm thinking we need to do a FOM camping weekend somewhere.

This really needs to be a thing.

_________________
Owner/Bartender/Head Shenanigator
Faye's Tiki Lounge
Livonia, MI

ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
Hoa Manu
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm
Posts: 4446
Location: New Hampshire
Personal Statement: 2 seconds?!?!?!?
NICE!

I don't know which Moto Nui merit this may qualify for : Rodder, Restoration, or Lodge Builder; it's kind of all 3. But you should definitely look into that or ask the Rako Moto Nui.

_________________
Happiness is a warm pun.
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
nifertiki wrote:
NICE!

I don't know which Moto Nui merit this may qualify for : Rodder, Restoration, or Lodge Builder; it's kind of all 3. But you should definitely look into that or ask the Rako Moto Nui.


Thanks! I didn't know I could include past projects


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
Shortround wrote:
I'm thinking we need to do a FOM camping weekend somewhere.

This really needs to be a thing.


That would be fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 pm 
Offline
Avai Rona
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 4943
Location: Depends on what day it is.
Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
WersTiki wrote:
Shortround wrote:
I'm thinking we need to do a FOM camping weekend somewhere.

This really needs to be a thing.


That would be fun!

Ohana, Luau by the Lake just happens to have a camping ground next door.

Lake George Battleground State Campground
2224 U.S. 9, Lake George, NY 12845
(518) 668-3348
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6cFKLYvTMzZMoshv8

_________________
Procrastination means you are free today and always have a project for tomorrow.
To Taua Na Moai Mau Loa, Roger and Rob

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Posts: 104
the mighty OZ wrote:
WersTiki wrote:
Shortround wrote:
I'm thinking we need to do a FOM camping weekend somewhere.

This really needs to be a thing.


That would be fun!

Ohana, Luau by the Lake just happens to have a camping ground next door.

Lake George Battleground State Campground
2224 U.S. 9, Lake George, NY 12845
(518) 668-3348
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6cFKLYvTMzZMoshv8


Google says that's a 27 hour drive for us :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr